• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Driver not loaded even running as administrator

Zapa

Hi!

I've been using realtemp for short time as i have a new pc and wanted to do some oc. It run flawless but for some reason it started to go wrong. Every time i try to run it it displays the message "Driver not loaded. Try run as administrator".

Tried run as administrator with same results. I gave total control permissions with no effect at all.

I have Win 7 x64 ultimate, core i7 920@ 4.00Ghz and i'm the only user of this computer. BTW, cpu-z began to display errors at its launch at the same time that realtemp. I dont know if it may be related.

Any idea about what's happening?

Thanks!

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
It sounds like some file got corrupted, perhaps when overclocking.

The only thing that I can think of is to go into the registry and delete every reference to the WinRing0 driver. Reboot, download RealTemp and see if that fixes the problem. Here's the latest version.

RealTemp 3.59.5
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/3/3/1794507/RealTempBeta.zip

I might have to change to a better driver some day. Let me know if you are able to get this running again.

Zapa

It's weird...

After i wrote you i re-downloaded and executed the program several times in different folders with no results.

Now i've just searched in the registry as you told me and found no references to WinRing0.

Anyway i downloaded the link you supplied and it works fine, so... Thank you! :toast:

But still weird... :banghead:

Edit:

And CPU-Z is working too! WTH!