• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

Features: DTS:X Ultra (APO4) | DTS Sound Unbound (APO4) | DTS Interactive (+APO4).

Main directory: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9yrokjhyh2slx/DTS_DCH_Drivers

----

To install-update the drivers, open 'Device Manager' right click and uninstall the audio device (tick delete driver), the device should disappear.

Run 'CMD' as admin, then use pnputil (see here) -or- use DriverStoreExplorer, to remove all residual drivers (extensions, other).
You can check the 'Provider', 'Class' and 'Signer' to identify any drivers, other, that should be removed.

Double click 'Install' in the driver folder, then restart. Open 'Device Manager', show hidden, then go through and delete all ghosts.
Check: [Audio inputs and outputs] (Realtek, DTS), [Software components] and [Sound, video and game controllers].

Uninstall | Pnputil -1 | Pnputil -2 | Show Hidden | No Ghosts

Once complete, install the C++ libraries, and restart.

----

If the DTS Ultra app does not change your audio when you use it, uninstall (as above), re-install, select 'alternative' from the installer.
Note, there is a difference between DTS:X APO4 stereo mode (2.0), and DTS:X APO4 multichannel mode (5.1+).

----

If DTS Interactive does not show on SPDIF, your OEM (Asus, MSI, other), has disabled some features via the devices policy.
I have uploaded my S1220A policy, which uses the 'main' install option from the installer. Use only if needed.

----

To separate headphones, open the Realtek app and go to advanced settings, then in playback make front-rear separate, then restart.
Once Windows has loaded, unplug then replug the headphones, the DTS Ultra app will now show headphone features.

----

Enable 'Stereo Mix', mute the stream, then enable 'listen to' (default device) to keep the DTS encoder always on.
You can also do the same if you are using only analogue, it will reduce initializations, and delay.

You can set 'listen to' to a specific device if needed, simply select the device from the drop down menu.

Stereo Mix -1 | Stereo Mix -2

----

To use the provided Sound Unbound package (which contains a license), disable Windows store auto-updates.
You will also need to uninstall any updated version, before re-installing the provided one.

You can update the Ultra app from the store, and if you have a Sound Unbound license (store account).

Windows Store

====

Stereo to 5.1 (6ch) upmixer available here (optional): Equaliser APO - Stereo Surround Upmixer | TechPowerUp Forums

If you are adding Equalizer APO to an endpoint, make sure the endpoint has played audio first.
You only need to add EAPO to analogue if you primarily use multichannel.

====

Speakers.png Optical.png

After the API registration step (optional) (RTK Panel.txt).

====

Win CAudio (optional) (Settings and Utility), will disable some hidden Microsoft APOs which degrade audio.
You only need to apply the change once per Windows install, check after updates.

====

MSI Utility (optional) (Settings and Utility), will enable MSI mode on supported devices, reducing latency.
Guide included, if you would like to know more about MSI mode, see here.

====

If you are stuck with Windows downloading drivers-other over the top of DTS DCH, see the guide below.
In more extreme cases, remove them, then use Windows Update MiniTool to hide them.

Regedit: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DriverSearching
Create a new DWORD: DriverUpdateWizardWuSearchEnabled (if it exists, set it to 0).

====

Current version: 6.0.9601.1 [2023] (Complete - Signed)

Enjoy DTS DCH for Windows 10-11

----

Attachments

• DTS DCH 6.0.9601.1.png
    DTS DCH 6.0.9601.1.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Latency - Playing Music.png
    Latency - Playing Music.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Execution - SPDIF Optical.png
    Execution - SPDIF Optical.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 258
  • Bitperfect.png
    Bitperfect.png
    186.8 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Your driver works perfectly. Thanks a lot for your hard work.
I'm new to this but is it possible to get this to work on a bluetooth speaker endpoint using FX configurator.

Many thanks

System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
My motherboard already supports DTS Custom. Is there anyway that I can skip some procedures to make DTS Ultra?
Btw, thanks for sharing, great work..

You may be able to install just the RTEXT.inf file, however the base driver will need the info for DTS-SFX, DTS-MFX and DTS-EFX and also register them.
You could use FX configurator to add DTS as composite into the registry (where the driver sets it up), but they wont be registered.

It's possible I could write an extension driver that bolts onto your DTS custom, giving you Ultra, it will be beta.

----

Don't forget to turn off store auto-updates, it will update Sound Unbound, simply uninstall and reinstall the provided app if it does.

System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
I got BSOD. No chance.. Thanks anyway. I will continue to use DTS Custom until you find another way :)

Is that 12XX series? If your current drivers works then the extension will be fine, when I make it.

====

DTS:X Extension 6.0.9126.1 [Beta], for pre-existing drivers (should support any driver):

To uninstall the extension, disable the audio device then run pnputil (see first post).

Edit: Quickly added the Ultra store .inf file, sorry I forgot.

Last edited:
System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Is that 12XX series? If your current drivers works then the extension will be fine, when I make it.

====

DTS:X Extension 6.0.9126.1 [Beta], for pre-existing drivers (should support any driver):

To uninstall the extension, disable the audio device then run pnputil (see first post).

Edit: Quickly added the Ultra store .inf file, sorry I forgot.
Yes , it is Realtek S1200A. Thank you for your help

System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
@Ferather , thank you for your patience nad hard work, but still, I've been dealing with bsod..
I think I'm going to buy an Asus Soundcard to run DTS X

System Name MSI-MEG
Memory 32 GB
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
@Ferather So now the DTS Ultra Drivers are all installed perfectly. Yet the interface is still the same as before even I did uninstall the DTS Custom appx.
But thank you very much bro. That is a good progress which convince that I can also use full power of DTS in one day:)

I suggest using Equalizer APO to increase overall performance and replace DTS Connect, I have setup analogue so that E-APO will make a composite with DTS:X, this is not required on digital.

1.png2.png
3.png4.png

With DTS APO4x, you wont ever want to go back to just stereo, here is 2 stereo audio files to test, I suggest SPDIF.
Where possible setup media players to use system codecs, or test with Windows Media Player.

Change "inputChannelCount == 0" to "inputChannelCount == 6" for YouTube.

====

I can also plug headphones into my Z906 unit, and get SPDIF to headphones, hardware.

Last edited:

supermanz

ok so ive installed by the steps supplied on page one, i have everything working except when i install dts:x ultra i get a message saying failed to install dependices , yet i have all the correct visual's installed. Any ideas ?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 621
Why i'd always get BSOD, startin with your previous driver till now.
I'm using alc 1220 & Logitech z906.
The compatible one with me only till 6.0.9116.4

@Ferather

Hi,

My Onkyo receiver (HT-R395) does not support DTS:X, only DTS-HD Audio. Would using this driver be any better in terms of audio quality than AAF in this scenario? Thanks for your hard work and support.

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
@pyuras

There is two versions of DTS-HD, HRA and MA (DTS-HD HRA, DTS-HD MA), as I recently found (still getting my head around lots of this my self).

If your receiver can do DTS-HD MA, you are 100% compatible with lossless DTS:X, as it uses DTS-HD MA standard.
If your receiver can do DTS-HD HRA, you will need an app such as Potplayer to transcode it, or play just core.

Will the audio quality be better? Technically yes, DTS:X is built into the driver, therefor even analogue is enhanced with DTS:X Ultra.
If you prefer Dolby enhancements, then you might say differently, it depends which system you prefer.

----

@erpguy53

Yes I am a big Gigabyte fan, they make sound cards (or used to), graphics cards and motherboards, and ofc high quality gaming versions.
I did not realize there was an update, been bashing my head so much with DTS:X on SPDIF, hehe, will do this soon.

:)

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9129.1 (Signed) - File download and the install guide is in post 1, here.
I also updated the store .inf for Ultra, remove the old one with pnputil.

Main driver: Most ALC's | ALT1 driver: ALC892, other | ALT2 driver: 12XX specifically.

I notice an improved experience with Toslink, instant response with E-APO.

----

Changed the offline app installers for Ultra and Sound Unbound.
They are self licensing ones (but the same version).

1.png
2.png
3.png

I dare you to play the Headphones:X video over Toslink, LOUD!

Last edited:
@Ferather
Do you have copy of this previous driver 6.0.9116.4 ? Could you share the link.
I'd kept trying to install your newest driver, but got no luck. Still BSOD for 12xx series.
My copy of 6.0.9116.4 is accidentally deleted by me.
I think i'm gonna hanging with that driver for a while now.

Did you try the alternative extension? At which point do you get the BSOD after the driver or the extension? and are you using HDMI?

Last edited:
Did you try the alternative extension? At which point do you get the BSOD after the driver or the extension? and are you using HDMI?
I don't know which file is the alternative. BSOD always happening in the middle of driver installation ( disable driver signing ).
I didn't use hdmi for sound, just for graphic only. because my display ( Led ) only output dts 2 channel, through my Z906, Although i'm using spdif.

HDXRT4.inf and RTEXT2.inf. Else edit with notepad, search for (edit > find): HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_FX_StreamEffectClsid%,,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%
Delete it, and save it, obviously you will need to disable driver signing, if not again but remove:

HKR,InterfaceSetting\OEMHDMISettingsOverride\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_FullRangeSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000003F
HKR,InterfaceSetting\OEMHDMISettingsOverride\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_PhysicalSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000003F

Tell me the result, and thankyou for your time.

HDXRT4.inf and RTEXT2.inf. Else edit with notepad, search for (edit > find): HKR,InterfaceSetting\SysCustomizedFx\FX\0,%PKEY_FX_StreamEffectClsid%,,%DTS_SFX_CLSID%
Delete it, and save it, obviously you will need to disable driver signing, if not again but remove:

HKR,InterfaceSetting\OEMHDMISettingsOverride\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_FullRangeSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000003F
HKR,InterfaceSetting\OEMHDMISettingsOverride\EP\0,%PKEY_AudioEndpoint_PhysicalSpeakers%,%REG_DWORD%,0x0000003F

I'll get back & report to you, asap.

Still No Luck. BSOD keep happening.
I'd already remove the registry just like you told me.