• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS DCH Driver for Realtek HDA [DTS:X APO4 + DTS Interactive]

System Name HP Elitebook 840 G2
Processor i5 5300u
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) Intel HD Graphics 5500
Storage 256GB SSD
Display(s) 14 inch, 1366x768, TN
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC280
Software Windows 10 21h1
@giacuong2345, I will try, not sure at this time what can be the issue other than OEM settings you need that aren't in the driver, Laptops can be different.

@Stone-D

The picture from post one was meant to be removed, sorry about that, that feature was not working for everyone.

1: Yes, if off, then off for all speakers.
2: They are only if you want to change the one it comes with, and for sharing with other driver authors.

====

I will be continuing DTS DCH for some time, at a later date, I may bring out the UAD DCH, with Dolby.
Alan has shared Atmos for Gaming, whereas I was looking for more apps and code.
When I was installing driver, my earphone was plugged in. It worked. After i unplug it and plug it back, It isn't switch to my earphone, I tested my earphone with other devices so my earphone isn't the problem @@ Your driver are good so I don't want to use other driver. Sorry for my bad English

Hi @Ferather, my laptop is HP 840 G2 (ALC280), I can't use my earphone after I install your driver, DTS:X worked, Realtek Audio Console crashed, can you help me?
I had the same issue I still don't know how it got fixed.But here are things you can try

*Try installing the DTS driver over your HP driver.So you can use HP audio console/Omen audio/B and O audio to separate the streams/multi streaming .

Yes, although it can depend on the preset.
Okay, cheers. How do I go about selecting a preset to use? Do I have to be in Stereo mode? Do I even have to do anything if I'm only using multichannel SPDIF all the time?

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
@giacuong2345, I will try, not sure at this time what can be the issue other than OEM settings you need that aren't in the driver, Laptops can be different.

the DTS DCH 9155 driver may or may not work with ALC2xx chipsets (ex. ALC245, ALC285. etc.) - laptops mostly use 2xx chipsets
only seems to support ALC8xx & ALC12xx chipsets (uncertain about or untested with ALC6xx like ALC662

also DTS Ultra Preset 7z package is missing "presets" from laptop vendors like HP & LG

edit - here's the direct link to the latest DTS APO4 extension driver for certain LG gram laptops (includes "presets" for subsystem (SUBSYS) IDs beginning with 1854xxxx)
gonna look for the ones from HP and possibly Dynabook (formerly Toshiba)

sp112265 - Realtek UAD driver 6.0.9091.1 from HP with newer DTS APO4 extension package (v1.1.23.0)

Last edited:
@Stone-D, everything for SPDIF is setup as multichannel - automatic.

Note: I will be removing APO3 in the next update as APO4 + the preset makes it totally redundant.

====

DTS DCH 6.0.9155.1 (Signed), Rebuilt - See post 1 for the original guide and download links, 'DTS Settings' and 'DTS Full Reset' have been updated.

Follow post 1 to fully remove any current, and past installs of audio drivers, this includes any bundled apps.
When using pnputil, look for class: audio devices, signer name: DTS, Ferather, Alan Finotty, Realtek.

Once the driver is installed, you can install your driver policy if already made, install the one I provide, or create one (suggested).
Inside /Tools/ there is 'RTK Device Tool.txt' to help. Inside /APPS/ is an additional .inf to install for Ultra.

--

When I update, because my only past install its DTS DCH, I just right click uninstall, in 'Device Manager', I tick delete driver, as say no to restart, I then pnputil just the extension.
After that, and still before the restart, I run CCleaner to clean the registry about 3 times, until the results box is empty, then I remove apps, and restart.

Also unplug your internet, and-or disable automatic driver updates from Windows, and apps from Windows store (manual download and install).
Also note, as of DTS DCH 6.0.9155.1, if you install a driver policy, it will not be removed, and does not need to be installed again.

--

if you want the digital decoder to stay always on, enable stereo mix. Set it to play to digital, and then mute the stream, this will make your receiver stay on.

1.png 2.png

----

If you are using E-APO (optional, suggested):

For analogue (speakers), use either pre-mix, no post mix, SFX/MFX, or, pre-mix and post-mix, SFX/EFX.
For digital, use pre-mix, no post mix, SFX/MFX only, else no Interactive, and effects.

Last edited:
1.png2.png3.png

Note: You will need to restart the service, or restart your computer to get full detection after the change.

Version 6.0.9159.1 is available, does anyone want the update? High chance it will make 0% difference.

DTS DCH 6.0.9159.1 (Signed), see above and post 1 for the guides and download. Note, if you have installed a policy, you don't need to repeat the steps.

Added additional APO4 code, and services codes to the main driver, including speaker protection, and de-pop.
APO4 performance with stereo has improved, for me it's instant without E-APO (spatial off).

Note, I tested bad audio, with enhancer off and on, best quality was with DTS enhancer on, which is a bonus.

Are there any registry or policy settings that determine how the Realtek Audio Console looks? Mine is gigantic and cannot be resized or maximized. Attempting to resize just results in a lot of mad flickering.

Screenshot-Realtek.jpg

38" ultrawide. It's not a big deal, just puzzling.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B85M-D3H
Memory 8,00 Go (7,89 Go utilisable
Video Card(s) GPU 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970/ GPU 0 Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
Display(s) Samsung Q60T
Case Zalman case
Mouse USB NGS
Keyboard Old Dell keyboard
DTS DCH 6.0.9159.1 (Signed), see above and post 1 for the guides and download. Note, if you have installed a policy, you don't need to repeat the steps.

Added additional APO4 code, and services codes to the main driver, including speaker protection, and de-pop.
APO4 performance with stereo has improved, for me it's instant without E-APO (spatial off).

Note, I tested bad audio, with enhancer off and on, best quality was with DTS enhancer on, which is a bonus.
Where do I find the DTS Enhancer bonus ?

@Stone-D, I just re-size it as normal, and no there is no way to change the panel appearance afaik, its read from the chip.

-----

@Hearick, In the advanced tab in Audio Settings for the device, I tried on-off, to see how good SRS is.

1621698740059.png

1621870460035.png

Talk about efficient. 0-0.2%. APO4: 6-8mb in RAM, 0% CPU.

1.png

Last edited:

Zitrish

Hi @Ferather. I have installed your driver and all is working perfectly. DTS Interactive runs as intended. However, as there are some games that doest not work with DTS Interactive and DDL (Far Cry 4, Watch Dogs), I'm wondering if there is some way to disable DTS Interactive without uninstalling the driver... Is that possible?

Some games will output only stereo, for example Conqueror's blade will output 6 channels, but only 2 have audio in them, to fix this, I use E-APO, and enable the 6 channel detection trick.
Yes you can also turn off DTS Interactive, you can use my DTS Settings, and use the registry edit to change it back to stereo. Here is a video to help show you how.

Zitrish

Some games will output only stereo, for example Conqueror's blade will output 6 channels, but only 2 have audio in them, to fix this, I use E-APO, and enable the 6 channel detection trick.
Yes you can also turn off DTS Interactive, you can use my DTS Settings, and use the registry edit to change it back to stereo. Here is a video to help show you how.
That's what I needed! Thank you so much for your support, Ferather.

For the life of me, DTS APO4 stopped working again. I don't have nordVpn service running, but still it doesn't work.
No clue what to do now.
Any ideas how to troubleshoot it?

I lost track of this thread and not sure whats the process to install everything cleanly.

Would you like to do TeamViewer? Else:

When I update, because my only past install its DTS DCH, I just right click uninstall, in 'Device Manager', I tick delete driver, as say no to restart, I then pnputil just the extension.
After that, and still before the restart, I run CCleaner to clean the registry about 3 times, until the results box is empty, then I remove apps, and restart.

Also unplug your internet, and-or disable automatic driver updates from Windows, and apps from Windows store (manual download and install).
Also note, as of DTS DCH 6.0.9155.1, if you install a driver policy, it will not be removed, and does not need to be installed again.

TeamViewer would be great.
I'll download the new files first.

The only change to my PC is a new gaming monitor which also has USB connection and it can output sound, but I'm not using the monitor speakers so I'm not sure what else has changed.

I sent you a message on Discord so we can arrange a time. Sorry I missed you today, have started new work.

amautavirtual

Hi there. I was encouraged to install their audio drivers. I have the Realtek high definition audio installed. Yesterday I have been going through the whole thread. I would like you to help me install what would best fit my laptop, so I can enjoy this experience. I have the backup, it only remains to test. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• audiodts_windows10_001.png
    audiodts_windows10_001.png
    218 KB · Views: 132
  • audiodts_windows10_002.png
    audiodts_windows10_002.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 128
  • audiodts_windows10_003.png
    audiodts_windows10_003.png
    45.3 KB · Views: 126
Google Translate - Google Translate | No estoy seguro de poder explicarlo de manera diferente, ya que no sugiero aplicaciones de terceros para eliminar controladores.

Una vez que haya eliminado el controlador Realtek, puede hacer doble clic en 'instalar' en el paquete DTS DCH que descargó.
La parte molesta y que consume mucho tiempo es eliminar los controladores no deseados y CCleaner.

Does this help?

====
====

DTS DCH (OEM), current edition, full summary:

--

Includes:

DTS APO4 (DTS:X), DTS Connect APO (DTS Interactive).

--

Features + changes:

• Upgraded DTS Interactive to Interactive:X with 8 channel processing*, in addition to object processing and multichannel spatial effects (APO4) **.
  • Changed the DTS Interactive format key to support object processing based on present channels (stereo, multichannel).
  • Rebuilt the default DTS preset to produce cleaner more crisp audio (SRS), no matter what is being played.
  • Moved DTS endpoint processing to the OEM section in the driver .inf to increase compatibility.
  • Set the number of analogue input channels to 6 for SPDIF (DTS Interactive, transcoding).
  • Enabled DTS:X spatial effects via DTS-MFX, in addition to DTS-SFX processing.
  • Improved the total performance and the response rate of APO4.
  • Added DTS service effect codes and speaker protection.
* Virtual side output, via front and rear. ** Also works on stereo upmixed audio.

1.png

--

What to expect:

An [ALC Pro] like experience, with clean remastered audio.

8D test: Post-4529805

Last edited:
DTS DCH 6.0.9159.2 (Signed), Install and update guide here, (and post 1). The driver and apps download links are also in post 1.

Added additional support codes for SPDIF and multichannel digital encoders (DTS Interactive, other).
Added additional support for chip features (SFX), speakers and headphones.

1.png

----

Fixed and issue with the configuration of HDMI-DP in DTS Settings.

----

E-APO + Realtek SFX (setup as pre-mix, no post-mix, SFX/MFX), you can only add 1 other APO:

2.png

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EqualizerAPO\Child APOs

PreMixChild: {DA2C9ECE-7418-4906-B4FA-0A00B3EB88AA}

----

Provided policy updated, Policy Installer.

Last edited:

mihaiak

Hi,
Love your work. I've just updated to the latest version 6.0.9159.2.
I do have a question. Is this how is intended to work (like in the attached picture)?
My setup is an MSI B550I (ALC1200) and a Logitech z906, which are connected via an optical cable. In the audio jack, I have a Sennheiser SRS ready headphone.
If I select the output via the headphones DTS unbound shows active. Via S/PDIF, shows that message.
I'm asking to know if I need to troubleshoot anything because I do not remember seeing this on version 6.0.9155.2
Thank you!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    737.2 KB · Views: 142