• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

DTS:X ULTRA

How come no one is talking about this?

How do we get it?

So how do I get this onto my system?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Buy an AV receiver and hook up to it via HDMi - Most of them come with it these days. realtek audio arent gonna support it because there aint enough bandwidth across optical, analogue or coaxial to support it.

A lot of this was explained in your previous thread - this is not something where you can get something for nothing and something to work on nothing.

Okay so DL that file in the Youtube video and press TAB 4 times then space.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
That sounds sketch af.

the DL is directly from Microsoft's app store. From the reviews - it doesnt work or it does nothing at all.

Not in the Youtube video bro. That's another DL.
And it works..

Attachments

• DTS X Ultra.jpg
    DTS X Ultra.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 5,660
:love:333

It's very difficult to tell if it works or not. Placebo is a bitch.
The auto-eq is not working for me.
The MS builds are not working for me.

1578060798845.png

I have that DTS-dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf from Alan's Github. But I have no clue on how to install it.

The Youtube video APP is definitely working.
Make sure to choose your Headset/External speakers :)

There is an APP called DTS Sound Unbound, this app has 2 different buy options: headphone and only DTS:X. DTS:X isnt working yet, they say theyre working on it with microsoft. so if u wanna buy it, buy onley the headphone stuff.

EDIT:
Is HDMI supported for DTS content?

At this time our focus for DTS encoded content is for headphones and multi-channel speakers that are directly connected to the sound card on the PC. HDMI and home theater uses are on our roadmap where we are actively working with Microsoft to bring this feature to our DTS community.

You can read all about DTS Sound Unbound here: https://dts.com/sound-unbound/faq

System Name PapaPooter
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x All-Core OC @4.3ghz
Motherboard Asus Prime x570-P
Cooling Asetek 120mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 32GB Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZN @3800 16-16-16-32
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Super 8GB
Storage Samsung 970 1TB NVMe, ADATA 1TB SATA SSD, 1TB XPG PCI Gen 4 NVMe
Display(s) Acer XB271HU 27" IPS, Asus VG248 24", BenQ RL2455 24"
Case (TBA)
Audio Device(s) Steelseries Arctus Pro GameDAC
Power Supply 650w
Mouse Logitech 502se Wired
Keyboard Logitech G910
Software Word, ICQ
Benchmark Scores 9498 TimeSpy
I have the Arctus Pro GameDAC headphones which comes with DTS:X for headphones and is supported via hardware and it's amazing. I also have Dolby Atmos for headphones and it doesn't come close to DTS:X as far as the positional audio is concerned.

:love:333

It's very difficult to tell if it works or not. Placebo is a bitch.
The auto-eq is not working for me.
The MS builds are not working for me.

View attachment 141160

I have that DTS-dtsapo4xultrahsa.inf from Alan's Github. But I have no clue on how to install it.
which version of windows 10 are you using?

As you maybe know M$ and XPERI/Dolby are on the hunt of NERFiNG DTS:X Ultra spatial mode (from older versions of DTS Sound Unbound).
I have it enabled on this Windows 19H9 partition, BUT the M$ "Experience/Security Update" that's rolling out now REMOVES DTS:X Ultra as spatia -
then you're stuck with DTS X Headphone and DTS:X "decoder".

I luckily was aware of this and created a restore point when it was working. Now I've used SHUTUP10 and DISABLED everything that has to do with Windows Update.
Everything. The OS is becoming more and more locked. It's redoncolous. If anyone knows how to get DTS:X Ultra in spatial going on a new install, do tell.
I know @H4cziLLa had something going in a thread, but it was the most painful explanation ever to read. People are hiding their successes, which sucks.

Let's be better than that. So my advice right now is - if you got DTS:X Ultra as spatial mode working - DO NOT update DTS Sound Unbound and DISABLE Windows Updates.
Create a restore point, just in case. All the best.

Rei

System Name 1 Desktop/2 Laptops/1 Netbook
Processor AMD Athon X2 64/Intel Pentium 997/Intel Pentium 4/Intel Atom
Motherboard EpoX ATX motherboard/Samsung/Toshiba/Lenovo
Cooling Stock
Memory 4 GB/4 GB/2 GB/2 GB
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce GTX 780 Ti/Intel HD Graphics/GeForce 4MX/Intel GMA
Storage 6+ TB Total
Display(s) HP Pavilion 14 Inch 1024x768@60Hz 4:3 Aspect Ratio CRT Monitor
Case None
Audio Device(s) Various
Power Supply Seasonic 500 Watt & VenomRX 500 Watt
Mouse Wayes Iron Man Wireless Mouse
Keyboard Rexus VR2 Wireless Keyboard
Software Win10 & WinXP SP3
Benchmark Scores It sucks...
As you maybe know M$ and XPERI/Dolby are on the hunt of NERFiNG DTS:X Ultra spatial mode (from older versions of DTS Sound Unbound).
I have it enabled on this Windows 19H9 partition, BUT the M$ "Experience/Security Update" that's rolling out now REMOVES DTS:X Ultra as spatia -
then you're stuck with DTS X Headphone and DTS:X "decoder".

I luckily was aware of this and created a restore point when it was working. Now I've used SHUTUP10 and DISABLED everything that has to do with Windows Update.
Everything. The OS is becoming more and more locked. It's redoncolous. If anyone knows how to get DTS:X Ultra in spatial going on a new install, do tell.
I know @H4cziLLa had something going in a thread, but it was the most painful explanation ever to read. People are hiding their successes, which sucks.

Let's be better than that. So my advice right now is - if you got DTS:X Ultra as spatial mode working - DO NOT update DTS Sound Unbound and DISABLE Windows Updates.
Create a restore point, just in case. All the best.
Not getting security vulnerability updates, bug fixes & new features just to prevent removal of a phased out audio enhancement technology feature. Sure, that sounds like a bright idea. :kookoo: :slap:

Not getting security vulnerability updates, bug fixes & new features just to prevent removal of a phased out audio enhancement technology feature. Sure, that sounds like a bright idea. :kookoo: :slap:
Hehe that's not the point. Why are they phazing out DTS X Ultra spatial mode? And why are they doing it in secrecy, yet very powerfully?
Someone managed to reverse engineer the XYZ positional system and applied it to an AI powered military drone system? ;)

Hehe that's not the point. Why are they phazing out DTS X Ultra spatial mode? And why are they doing it in secrecy, yet very powerfully?
Someone managed to reverse engineer the XYZ positional system and applied it to an AI powered military drone system? ;)
DTS Sound Unbound support for 2.0
DTS X Ultra support for multi-channel

DTS Sound Unbound is also for Multichannel. DTS:X codec is for Multichannel. but they still not support HDMI yet.

Is HDMI supported for DTS content?
At this time our focus for DTS encoded content is for headphones and multi-channel speakers that are directly connected to the sound card on the PC. HDMI and home theater uses are on our roadmap where we are actively working with Microsoft to bring this feature to our DTS community.

you can read it here: DTS Sound Unbound FAQ - DTS Dev Site - DTS Dev Site

DTS:X works on XBOX Series S/X, not yet on PC

It does work on PC, just download the 1.0.5.0 app where you tab tab tab enter.
Then DTS:X Ultra spatial I also have working for HDMI output.

It does work on PC, just download the 1.0.5.0 app where you tab tab tab enter.
Then DTS:X Ultra spatial I also have working for HDMI output.

what i mean is nativ DTS:X for Home Theater, not headphones. Headphones also work over HDMI, thats right. But this is Stereo. I want X.X.X Audio. The Dolby Access APP ver.3.7 works very well with Dolby Atmos for home theater, i have it when i play Tomb Raider, Warzone, Grid 2019 and The Division 2. sounds realy great.