• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EA App Will Replace Origin on macOS Platforms

T0@st

News Editor
We are thrilled to share that over the next few weeks, the EA app will officially replace Origin as our primary Mac platform. A faster, more reliable, and more streamlined experience - it's the best place for you to experience EA's incredible games, services and content. With the new streamlined design you will easily find the games and content you're looking for and discover your new favorite games. With automatic game downloads and background updates you can ensure that your games are ready to play when you are.

For existing Origin players, we've worked hard to make the transition to the EA app as simple as possible. When you get there, all your games and content, including games already installed on Origin, will be ready and waiting for you. Your local and cloud saves will transfer forward ensuring you can pick up where you left off. New players will start by downloading a new favorite game and jump into the action with our optimized experience. Players on unsupported macOS devices can continue to enjoy their favorite games on Origin.

In the coming weeks, EA app players on both Mac and PC will receive The Sims 4 Blooming Rooms Kit! Delight your Sims in a lush, soothing atmosphere of growth all around with unexpected leafy details and natural beauty.

We will be inviting Origin players on supported macOS devices to make the move shortly. We look forward to welcoming you to the EA app! Learn more here.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Well, Its not the first time Mac users have been served a spoonful of shit.

Welcome to the party.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
Have fun with the daily do nothing updates, constant logins and random messages that you are not licensed to play this game. I'm about to swear off all EA games because of this half-baked pile of crap on PC.

System Name wasted talent
Processor i5-11400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B560M Aorussy Pro
Cooling Silverstone AR12
Memory Patriot Viper Steel 2X8 4400 @ 3600 C14,14,12,28
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6700 Pulse, Galax 1650 Super EX
Storage Kingston A2000 500GB
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case open mATX: zwzdiy.cc/M/Product/209574419.html
Audio Device(s) HiFiMan HE400SE
Power Supply Strix Gold 650W
Mouse Skoll Mini, G502 LightSpeed
Keyboard Akko 3084S
Software 1809 LTSC
Benchmark Scores 3968/540 CB R20 MT/ST
sharing my own experience with ea app on windows:
changing games language on steam is merely a right click, properties, and change language as desired.
on ea app you uninstall the game and re-install with desired language.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Trinity Black Edition
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic
Whoever is responsible for this app and forcing it onto consumers should be sacked. It's pathetic.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800x
Motherboard TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI)
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER Trinity Black Edition
Display(s) Gigabyte G27QC
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic
It doesn't matter Origin or EA App. Both of those are crime against Humanity.

Worst piece of software ever conceived, yes even worse than Windows ME.
Personally I never had that many issues with Origin.
That EA app on the other hand is total garbage.

-100%

EA app is offline a bunch too, meaning there have been more than a few times I wanted to play something and just couldn't because the app couldn't reach the servers.

Luckily I have never purchased anything there and it's all giveaways and stuff linked to my Steam account so of course I just go back to Steam like all these alt stores eventually make me do.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65

Same here! On the other hand, when you have people saying how much better Origin was (even though it's still crap compared to Steam) compared to the EA App, you know you got problems :laugh: :fear:

Still find it mindboggling how EA can be worth all this money yet have such a piss-poor game client. C'mon EA, y'all should be up there with Steam, ffs!

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Have fun with the daily do nothing updates, constant logins and random messages that you are not licensed to play this game. I'm about to swear off all EA games because of this half-baked pile of crap on PC.
Don't wait, its not gonna be different ten years from now.

You're not missing much.

Consider yourself lucky then. I've had Origin not accept payment methods, install itself with a bad version number, various non-functional elements at random, you name it. Also let's not begin about its GUI, which looks feels and acts like a web page from the year 2000 on Windows XP.

Never again will I subject myself to this nonsense. For similar reasons, the Epic launcher is also close to uninstall here. The godawful lag and similar GUI is just an insult and it barely has functionality. I kinda feel screwed over twice with that situation, like, first I have to pass through some forced online bullshit DRM and then it barely even works, to access a PAID product. Kindly GTFO. Either make it work perfectly or hand me the .exe/installer data.

Last edited: