• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Exotic issue: ATI Tool causes complete freeze + Soundloop in Battlefield 2/2142

Celsi

Its a very specialized problem, but I wanted to report it anyway because at least 4 of our clanmembers had this for weeks, and we only found out yesterday why we all have those freezes.

The point is that ATI Tool does not like the latest Punkbuster client (or the other way around) which is needed to play Battlefield online. The 4 or 5 users who had the problem had completely different hardware so it took quite some time until we found a hint in some forum that ATI tool might be the reason. We deactivated ATI Tool, and the crashes stopped for all of us.
Even me who used the ATI Tool only to read the GPU temperature of an NV 8800 GTX had those crashes. The whole PC freezes and the sounds of the last 10 seconds are looping, you have to hard-restart your PC.

Wizard, I think I have read somewhere that you are german. So are we. So if you need more information, please contact us/me in our forum in contact section: http://www.bpth-clan.de , and I will help you as good as can.
If you decide to ignore this minor problem, I would understand. This can easiliy be seen as a punkbuster problem and not an ATI Tool problem.

Thank you in an case.

Kind regards,
Celsi

Processor X5470 @ 4.1
Motherboard Asus P5Q pro
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory 6GB corsair 1066
Video Card(s) HIS 6970
Display(s) 34" ultrawide
Case antec 700
Power Supply Corsiar 750 watt
Mouse Razer Taipan
Keyboard Razer Arctosa
Software Win 8.1 64 bit

Celsi

Oh, thanks, 65tweet, I really did not notice that there is already a report for this issue.
Then I can only give this "new" information: 0.27b2 does not solve it.
Currently there is no need to overclock a nv8800gtx, but if the time comes, I hope ATI tools runs with punkbuster again. I never got used to powerstrip ...
And a few hours ago I read the leaked information that Battlefield3 is coming in 2008 ...