• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Fake hacks get cheaters banned

Processor I5 4690K @ 4.8 Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X Gaming 7
Cooling Swiftech H140X
Memory 16GB Crucial BallistiX 1866Mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
Storage 850 PRO 1TB SSD, 840 EVO 500GB SSD, 850 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Nixeus EDG 27-Inch IPS 1440P, 144HZ 16:9
Case NZXT H440 Red/Black
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse G600
Keyboard G710+
Software Win 10 64B
Besides poor hitboxes, Counter Strike is the grandfather of the awful purchase and perks type system used in most online shooters. You would enter rooms with no equipment, have to scrounge and suffer to get a few kills and start buying up gear just to get competitive; while you continuously got stomped by the server owners who were always decked out in gear.

Meanwhile Rainbow Six handed you a kit list and said 'here, you decide what's best' and off you went, may the best man/team win; no bullshit, just good gameplay without the frustration.

For that alone I have no respect for Counter Strike and the shitty online shooter culture it created.

The only reason I actually ever owned a CS game was to play on modded servers... lol... But yes that sounds about right. Although that problem is obviously been worked out in the new games, but I understand what your saying completely.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x/5600x
Motherboard B450 AORUS M
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) PIXIO IPS 240Hz 1080P
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Always code your own stuff.

Besides poor hitboxes, Counter Strike is the grandfather of the awful purchase and perks type system used in most online shooters. You would enter rooms with no equipment, have to scrounge and suffer to get a few kills and start buying up gear just to get competitive; while you continuously got stomped by the server owners who were always decked out in gear.

Meanwhile Rainbow Six handed you a kit list and said 'here, you decide what's best' and off you went, may the best man/team win; no bullshit, just good gameplay without the frustration.

For that alone I have no respect for Counter Strike and the shitty online shooter culture it created.

I'm not sure if this post is ignorance or just stupidity...

Counter Strike has a very good and easy to understand money system. You start with enough to buy basic things like a pistol/nades or armor. You then either win or lose and get a bigger or smaller monetary bonus depending on what happens. Everybody has the same access to every weapon, with their being weapon differences between T and CT sides because of the different way they have to play and advantages to each side. If you continually lose rounds, your money bonus compiles until you can pretty much afford good weapons every round or full buy every other round. This creates a system in which you have to be monetarily conscious but also buy as a team so that you have full firepower across everyone and not just yourself, as it is a team game. You also have to be conscious of what your enemies have - do they have enough money to buy this round, or will they have no armor and I can make extra money pushing and mowing them down with an SMG?

There are no perks, there is no scrounging or suffering to get a few kills. Nobody is decked out in gear unless you're on some modded community server which doesn't follow the rules of the actual game and nobody would actually play on. The monetary system is fair and rewarding if understood and played correctly - but of course if you lack any individual skill then you'll not have enough as you'll be dying each and every round. It has an emphasis on teamplay because you need to know when to push and hold/use nades, etc. and can't just run in guns blazing a lot of the times because you will get shut down without proper trade killing and support. There's no frustration, at the core it's a very simple system, one enough that kids I've played with can understand the basics. It rewards you for doing well and punishes you for being an idiot - it isn't going to hold your hand and give you an unfair advantage if you can't play as a team or realize when you're doing something wrong and change it.

CS:GO has improved on things such as hitboxes and the money system as well as buffing things like pistols so they are more effective than a rifle in some situations. While a lot of this is highly debated by people in the CS world, their are a lot of easy ways even when you're down a lot of money to come back and beat a fully decked out rifle team with just a pistol and armor buy. In no way does the game give an unfair advantage to either team, it is about how you play and understand the game as a team.

System Name Tingle
Processor Intel Core i7-4790K
Motherboard Asus Z97-Pro Gamer
Cooling Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16 GB DDR3-1600 CL8
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Superclocked ACX 2.0
Storage Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + WD Blue 1 TB
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp U2515H + Eizo FlexScan S2231W
Case Fractal Design Define R5 Black
Power Supply Seasonic Platinum Series 660W v2
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well said! The money system in CS:GO (only one I've played) is one of my favourite things about the game, adds a whole new level of strategy!

silentbogo

Staff member
System Name WS#1337
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard ASUS X570-PLUS TUF Gaming
Cooling Xigmatek Scylla 240mm AIO
Memory 4x8GB Samsung DDR4 ECC UDIMM
Video Card(s) Inno3D RTX 3070 Ti iChill
Storage ADATA Legend 2TB + ADATA SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Samsung U24E590D (4K/UHD)
Case ghetto CM Cosmos RC-1000
Audio Device(s) ALC1220
Power Supply SeaSonic SSR-550FX (80+ GOLD)
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Modecom Volcano Blade (Kailh choc LP)
VR HMD Google dreamview headset(aka fancy cardboard)
Software Windows 11, Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Counter Strike is the grandfather of the awful purchase and perks type system used in most online shooters. You would enter rooms with no equipment, have to scrounge and suffer to get a few kills and start buying up gear just to get competitive; while you continuously got stomped by the server owners who were always decked out in gear.

Apparently I have spent my happy adolescence years playing the worst competitive FPS ever :slap:

BTW, CS:GO did not start or popularize that awful trend of persistent in-game inventory and microtransactions. You can thank Combat Arms for that. CS:GO is more robust in that respect, otherwise it would've died a few years ago.
This is also the reason why I stopped playing online shooters altogether, and only occasionally use these games to test stability of repaired PCs/laptops.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
This is hillarious. Developers should anonymously release this sort of stuff on semi-regular basis as a standard anti cheating strategy :D

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols

guitars covered it mostly but you have to remember that gear is only persisitent if they don't die and let me tell you a deagle in a good camp spot could take out even jonathan wendel back in the day and you could afford it every round. Then you loot his expensive gun and teabag and spray his body. The money increased strategy options and forced you into different scenarios. While other games have been successful without it (TF, TF2, DOD, etc) it was one of the things that made it unique and fun.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
This is hillarious. Developers should anonymously release this sort of stuff on semi-regular basis as a standard anti cheating strategy :D

While I agree with you, there is also the curiosity factor of casual gamers who don't even know what anti-cheat systems do. I mean, they are unaware that messing with cheats effectively makes game useless if it's multiplayer focused. Which is in a way not fair. And I'm sure such people actually exist. I see a lot of this daily with software (not necessarely games). But yeah, I hate cheaters from the bottom of my heart. Because with them, you can't ever be sure whether you suck so badly, are they really as good for real or just cheating. It's a huge joy killer. Especially if you're a very competitive person like I am who strives to be best of the best the legit way (even if we don't always suceed or be anywhere near "the best").

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I'm with ya there. I'm not the best player or even close, but I did get a huge kick out of seeing my name towards or at the top of the list when Tribes: Ascend first hit, and I knew it was because I was legitimately playing better than the other players. Then, after a few months, I noticed my name dropping a bit, and started seeing evidence of hacks (rapid shots from the over powered pistol, head shots from players completely out of range). the tipper for me that stopped me from playing for over a year was logging in , and seeing a mid running around with a mortar. that did it....

System Name Widow
Processor Ryzen 7600x
Motherboard AsRock B650 HDVM.2
Cooling CPU : Corsair Hydro XC7 }{ GPU: EK FC 1080 via Magicool 360 III PRO > Photon 170 (D5)
Memory 32GB Gskill Flare X5
Video Card(s) GTX 1080 TI
Storage Samsung 9series NVM 2TB and Rust
Display(s) Predator X34P/Tempest X270OC @ 120hz / LG W3000h
Case Fractal Define S [Antec Skeleton hanging in hall of fame]
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Xense with AKG K612 cans on Monacor SA-100
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Razer Naga 2014
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores FFXIV ARR Benchmark 12,883 on i7 2600k 15,098 on AM5 7600x
CS:GO has improved on ...as well as buffing things like pistols so they are more effective than a rifle in some situations. ...

Which they wouldn't have to do, if the game relied on accurate physics and skill.
Instead it relied on the players to become skilled in an non accurate environment, supplemented with imbalanced game play.

In short, the mod developers wanted an angle to make their generic shooter game more interesting and that is what they came up with.

Ridiculous system that spawned the narcissistic progression COD/Battlefield template that exists today.

I stand by what I said 100%.

Last edited:
Which they wouldn't have to do, if the game relied on accurate physics and skill.
Instead it relied on the players to become skilled in an non accurate environment, supplemented with imbalanced game play.

In short, the mod developers wanted an angle to make their generic shooter game more interesting and that is what they came up with.

Ridiculous system that spawned the narcissistic progression COD/Battlefield template that exists today.

I stand by what I said 100%.

I thought about replying but I honestly have no idea if you know what Counter Strike is after reading this post.

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
I thought about replying but I honestly have no idea if you know what Counter Strike is after reading this post.
Idk I mean I get that most of the guns don't work that way in real life, was discussed a ton while playing, especially the AK47 which kicked in game and was widely inaccurate compared to the real life counterpart. But they're devs and its a game you can't expect it to be a military training simulator...

also I'm pretty sure call of duty spawned itself. Though medal of honor and perhaps even Day of Defeat had an influence on it. But the single player campaign drew people in and they stayed around for multi. CS never had a single player...

System Name msdos
Processor 8086
Motherboard mainboard
Cooling passive
Memory 640KB + 384KB extended
Video Card(s) EGA
Storage 5.25"
Display(s) 80x25
Case plastic
Audio Device(s) modchip
Power Supply 45 watts
Mouse serial
Keyboard yes
Software disk commander
Benchmark Scores still running

Everyone knows that hyper-realism and advanced team planning mechanisms are entirely cornered by TF2.

System Name demon tower ( Died 2020 and no funds to reserect)
Processor I7 920 oced to 4.0 gig
Motherboard evga X58 classified
Cooling corsair H100 water cooler
Memory Kinston extream 2000 MHz 6GB
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 680
Storage 250 gig ssd
Display(s) ASUS 24 in 144 htz
Case Antec full tower
Audio Device(s) creative sound blaster Z
Power Supply 1000 watt evga
Mouse Torq carbon
Keyboard Logitec G710 and a G13 game board
Software win 7 ultimate
The problem is banning a player does nothing if they can come back in as little as two minutes with a new account and kill the fun of every one else. It does not matter what type of game it is the same. I still play ffp mostly and currently play Americas army but used to play MW4 mercs and have never cheated but have been accused a lot. I am not that great but I do get lucky from time to time.

Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
The problem is banning a player does nothing if they can come back in as little as two minutes with a new account and kill the fun of every one else. It does not matter what type of game it is the same. I still play ffp mostly and currently play Americas army but used to play MW4 mercs and have never cheated but have been accused a lot. I am not that great but I do get lucky from time to time.
That presupposes they know exactly what got them banned. Many have multiple mods/hacks installed and have no idea which did it. They can come back again but with this solution there is a possibility they simply get that account banned. Even if it only takes 45 minutes to finally get it right and get new hacks, that's 45 minutes you got to play without them.

System Name demon tower ( Died 2020 and no funds to reserect)
Processor I7 920 oced to 4.0 gig
Motherboard evga X58 classified
Cooling corsair H100 water cooler
Memory Kinston extream 2000 MHz 6GB
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 680
Storage 250 gig ssd
Display(s) ASUS 24 in 144 htz
Case Antec full tower
Audio Device(s) creative sound blaster Z
Power Supply 1000 watt evga
Mouse Torq carbon
Keyboard Logitec G710 and a G13 game board
Software win 7 ultimate
I agree I wish there was a way to perma ban some one. But until that is figured out we gamers do the best we can.