• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FarCry 4 Has Gone Gold!

System Name Space Station
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASRock Z790 PG Riptide
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory Corsair Vengeance 6400 2x16GB @ CL34
Video Card(s) PNY RTX 4080
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Display(s) LG C3 OLED 42"
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V371
Power Supply SeaSonic Vertex 1200w Gold
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2
Bows, esp the recurve with marksman sight, are great in the campaign, but would suck in the arena. You wouldn't really have much time to draw. It would be OK at the end when you're stalking the last one or two enemies, but it's not necessary and the weapon slot is better used for what you DO need when the going gets tough.

I also use that time to stealth pick up weapons and spectator drops before killing the last one. The spectator drops kinda make it like Hunger Games. I'm sure whether they admit it or not it's what they patterned it after. The more action you involve yourself in, the more drops you get. It could be stealth kills, blowing someone up, or even just drawing and taking lots of fire.

I found out after I wasted a lot of time grinding for Mani Wheels I could have gotten twice as much Karma XP for Yalung Masks. Oh well, at least I'll know that for my Hard run through. It's kind of a trick just to plot a close waypoint and find what you're looking for with the Buzzer even if you have a collectibles coordinates map, because you have to eyeball center screen. It does help having the Buzzer to hover around and look for the object though.

Got pretty much all my preliminary hunting done on this run now and am down to just needing snow leopard pelts and the rare ones. Been using the elephants to get around while hunting. They are boss for avoiding animal attacks. Even the Eagles don't go near them. That's going to be handy for Hard mode. I think Eagles are a bit overdone in this game. I could see it if they mainly attacked at high altitude near their nests, but they attack everywhere constantly. Even on Normal they can take up to 3/4 of your health with one attack.

Bit of Far Cry 4 hunting trivia in case you weren't aware. You can rock the M79 all day collecting Rhino pelts, but Bears and other pelts won't collect because it damages them too much.

Last edited by a moderator:

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
Well the xbox is faster, way faster than the bow.

Bit of Far Cry 4 hunting trivia in case you weren't aware. You can rock the M79 all day collecting Rhino pelts, but Bears and other pelts won't collect because it damages them too much.

Yeah being the smart ass i found that out after saying to the wife as now this is the way to hunt turned in to not the way after flying around in the buzzer blowing shit up lol.

I am playing it on hard as normal was way to easy although when i got the north things changed a little for the worse but still kicking their asses, i just took out the 3rd fort the one near the mountains after being warned that i should take some one else out to make it easy, wont say how as i don't want to spoil any thing for anyone but it was done in 6 shots lol.

I am gonna install it on my laptop to see if MP matches turn up. Strangely no one comes in to boldly state MP is working fine. Instead lots of drama for nothing.

Processor Intel 13700K
Storage SSDs - Nextorage 4TB, Samsung EVO 970 500GB, Plextor M5Pro 128GB, HDDs - WD Black 6TB, 2x 1TB
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Well the xbox is faster, way faster than the bow.

Yeah being the smart ass i found that out after saying to the wife as now this is the way to hunt turned in to not the way after flying around in the buzzer blowing shit up lol.

I am playing it on hard as normal was way to easy although when i got the north things changed a little for the worse but still kicking their asses, i just took out the 3rd fort the one near the mountains after being warned that i should take some one else out to make it easy, wont say how as i don't want to spoil any thing for anyone but it was done in 6 shots lol.
LOL, "Xbox"? No dude, the Xbox is the slowest. :laugh:

Yeah I know Autocross is faster because it's semi auto and you don't have to draw, but you initially said "bows", and even the Autocross is slow compared to a full auto weapon in the Arena. In there bullets are flying faster than monkey shit.:eek:

The M79 can be a hoot but also frustrating and hard to aim at certain distances. My new Death From Above is reigning down grenades from the Buzzer while doing the Supply Drop missions. Sometimes I just carry it as my sidearm while running through the jungle. Even makes me more confident running along roads. Makes quick work of those turret trucks.

I've had a few crazy instances where I was side tracked. One was one of those guys on an ATV you kill and loot for intel. I spotted him from a ridge just above the road he was on. The grenade from my M79 made him fly way down the hill about 200' though, was more than I bargained for tracking him down. Then I spotted a tiger a bit too close for comfort at a small camp near a steep slope. It looked like he died and keeled over, then suddenly he went flying off the slope in flames. It was hilarious.
Instead lots of drama for nothing.
The drama was all yours. I don't see most people around here panicking over something they pirated, and like I said, you're pushing your luck with forum rules just saying it. Best just leave well enough alone. If you had any sense you'd ask about server activity at the Ubi forum like I said, minus the crap about warez and drama.

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
UBI finally released a patch, here are the details and comes in @ 674MB.

The newest PC patch, 1.5.0, is now live! This patch will address, among other things, the issues with keybinding and mouse acceleration that players were experiencing. Full ptach notes are available below:

Patch Notes
  • Added 21:9 aspect ratio support
  • Added Russian text and subtitles to worldwide game version
  • Fixed an issue with aim assist
  • Fixed an issue with grappling if the aim button was remapped to another key
  • Fixed an issue with mouse input
  • Fixed an issue with movement key binding on mouse buttons
  • Fixed an issue with Uplay invites for Steam users
  • Fixed various Controls issues
  • Fixed various Graphical issues
  • Fixed various IGE issues
  • Fixed various Session Browser issues
  • Fixed various UI issues
  • NVIDIA graphics preset was removed
  • Reduced performance drop impact during streaming
This is a PC Patch only. You should see version 1.5.0 in the bottom left of the Main Menu if it has been successfully installed. If you are playing Far Cry 4 on a different platform, your version number will be different.

Well after putting some settings back how i had them this patch has made things worse as shadows are soooo messed up now.

So it was working ok until now and is actually none playable if the shadows keep how they are.

EDIT: I had to turn softshadows off as they were just over sized and very very annoying

Last edited:
Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Well after putting some settings back how i had them this patch has made things worse as shadows are soooo messed up now.

So it was working ok until now and is actually none playable if the shadows keep how they are.

EDIT: I had to turn softshadows off as they were just over sized and very very annoying
Can you detail that a bit better? Any shadow anomalies or flickering? Maybe you could show us a screenshot or short video clip of what you mean by over sized shadows.

The main thing I want to know though is 1. do you notice any less stuttering, and 2. do you notice any fixes to graphical issues? Aside from that, is there any drop in FPS?

Also, I went back in and played some more last night and noticed after I'd lowered res to 1600x900 and made some more file edits, I was getting strange flashes of light. They were almost like squarish overlays flashing onscreen, similar to the shadowy rectangles I was getting before.

I decided to refresh my GamerProfile.xml to see if it had been corrupted. Suddenly no more strange anomalies. I played a fairly long session and noticed no strange flashes, not even the shadowy rectangles that were happening before.

Part of it could have been that I was previously editing the GamerProfile.xml via Wordpad instead of Notepad, which made the command lines easier to find. I've gone back to Very High settings with Textures, Terrain and Environment on Ultra at 1080p with DisableLoadingMipo 1, MaxBufferedGPUFrames 1, no Blur, MSAA2, Borderless mode, HBAO+, Fur and Tree Relief on, and no VSync. Had a pretty good session with minimal stutter.

I know some have said that disabling mip maps drops textures to Medium, but this is not true. It only drops texture resolution on objects that have heavy mip mapping, like rock surfaces and such. I compared Ultra Textures with no mip map to Medium and Medium textures are noticeably worse.

If you've done any GamerProfile.xml editing at all though, I highly recommend refreshing it by removing the file and letting the game make a new one. I have since edited it with the mouse, mip map, and buffer frame tweaks, but via Notepad, and I still don't have the anomalies.

Mindweaver

Moderato®™
Staff member
System Name Tower of Power / Sechs
Processor i7 14700K / i7 5820k @ 4.5ghz
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4 / X99S GAMING 7
Cooling CM MasterLiquid ML360 Mirror ARGB Close-Loop AIO / CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme
Memory CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600 / G.Skill DDR4 2800 16GB 4x4GB
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti / ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 3070 V2 OC Edition
Storage 4x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2, 2x Crucial 1TB SSD / Samsung 870 PRO 500GB M.2
Display(s) Samsung 32" Odyssy G5 Gaming 144hz 1440p, ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p / 2x ViewSonic 32" 72hz 1440p
Case Phantek "400A" / Phanteks “Enthoo Pro series”
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC4080 / Azalia Realtek ALC1150
Power Supply Corsair RM Series RM750 / Corsair CXM CX600M
Mouse Glorious Gaming Model D Wireless / Razer DeathAdder Chroma
Keyboard Glorious GMMK with box-white switches / Keychron K6 pro with blue swithes
VR HMD Quest 3 (128gb) + Rift S + HTC Vive + DK1
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 / Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Yes
Sorry to double post but had to bump to ask if anyone playing Far Cry 4 has leveled to rank 10 in the Arena to unlock the Bushmaster?

It was quite frustrating at first for me, but once I got the hang of it, it was a very enjoyable and suspenseful experience. I'm on my 2nd play through on Normal, and feeling a bit impatient at the start. The main things that annoyed me was not having fast moving crouch ("Non Stop" skill) or fast reloads ("Ammo Wrangler" skill).

I did my usual hunting to craft bigger bags, this time avoiding the freebie Sandman and Elephant Gun my Gold Edition provides. It feels more immersive if you have to use stealth via the bow, and brute force via getting creative, like hunting Rhinos with conventional weapons and grenades and Molotovs atop a rock, or luring them to a firing range or machine gun nest.

I then liberated two outposts undetected to unlock the Soft Landing skill, and ground out some Mani Wheel searching and got enough Karma to unlock Non Stop, but was not seeing a Longinus mission appear to unlock Ammo Wrangler. So rather than continue with my bow, AK, Skorpion and M79 for the next phase of my tactics, clearing towers and outposts, I decided to go for a better backup weapon in the case of being detected.

This meant of course the aforementioned Arena rank 10 grind to get the Bushmaster. I was a bit ahead of myself. I'd only thus far unlocked Lvl 2 Health skills, for a total of 4 health bars, Running Reload, At the Ready (fast aim and weapon switch), and Non Stop (fast crouch). I hadn't unlocked any Healing skills, so syringes thrown down by spectators would not heal me a full 4 bars, and manual healing was VERY slow, one bar at a time. And of course as mentioned I was still on slow reloads without Ammo Wrangler, and that in itself can create suspenseful moments in the Arena.

I had no Death from Above or Below skills, or ANY special takedown skills for that matter, so I had to rely on sneak takedowns from behind or desperate last gasp frontal melees. To make matters worse, the A2000 starting weapon you get in the latter rankings, where the format goes from a 3 round battle to 4, the A2000 would often have a weird delay when aiming down the sights, vs the quick snap I was supposed to get with At the Ready.

I also had no special syringe skills at all, but that's something I tend to avoid in Far Cry 3 and 4 anyway. I just don't like magical syringes. I'd rather stick to the healing ones. I also prefer handling problems head on as they happen, vs taking time to dig into a syringe menu and play doctor drug addict. The silliness of Yogi and Reggie is bad enough.

In the actual Arena though, the best part for me was fast crouch circumnavigating the perimeter of the upper deck, while looking for unsuspecting combatants that I could kill and loot, along with stalking the final one or two searching for me on the lower deck. The real treat comes when you have to run n slide for cover after leap frogging kills, or desperately survive a wave of animals, or cunningly stave off a wave of heavies.

Arena has pretty much everything but the jungle itself. I'm glad I ground through it because now every time I use my Bushmaster, I'll know I earned it. It was worth it to go through the initial frustration to gain an appreciation for the AI, hone my skills, and feel more immersed in the game. I highly recommend it. It made me slow down and pace myself a bit and appreciate the game's challenges more.

BTW, the Arena Mode I played was Battles, which is definitely THE best for playing with few skills and/or suspense, as there's more potential for stealth. Endless is of course more head on where you're surviving waves indefinitely. Weapon Challenges requires a 3 out of 5 star score to win, so could be frustrating and take longer with few skills unlocked.

Hey buddy it's not a double post if it over 24 hours. :toast:

AsRock

TPU addict
Cooling D15
Ultra shadows

Soft Shadows

And o boy they drive you crazy that's for sure lol.

As i said stuttering been pretty much a none issue, how ever it has got a little more since being in the north as well now but it's still frigging rare as hell. I did notice once part of a texture was missing on a mountain and the odd time fur don't look correct.

Found some pigs stuck on rocks lol.

And some other odd shit which is more funny than a problem

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
Yeah I see what you mean by those soft shadows, very strange. I don't know if my 7970 is powerful enough to run them anyway though. I'd be happy with just getting rid of the stutter for now. I'll probably have to pass on the fur too if having it on now is as performance robbing as people are saying.

I'm not sure it will help, because I've seen others talk of shadow problems since 1.5, but have you tried refreshing the xml? One person on the Ubi forum said it solved his flickering shadows issue.

Oh, and thanks Mindweaver for the heads up about back to back posts being staggered time wise not being double posting. Wasn't aware of that. :lovetpu:

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Well it would seem that Ubisoft is deleting keys and games out of many peoples Uplay library's.

According to a lot of recent Ubisoft forum posts, most all of the keys were purchased from G2A

Eurogamer.com has a better article regarding this latest issue and concern: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...bisoft-is-going-after-third-party-key-sellers

You can read a lot of the posts in the Ubisoft forums as well: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...removal-from-our-libraries-Open-letter-Forums

So, if you purchased a key from G2A, you may be in for a surprise when your key and game get taken out of your Uplay library.

OneMoar

There is Always Moar
System Name RPC MK2.5
Processor Ryzen 5800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Pro V2
Cooling Enermax ETX-T50RGB
Memory CL16 BL2K16G36C16U4RL 3600 1:1 micron e-die
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE RTX 3070 Ti GAMING OC
Storage ADATA SX8200PRO NVME 512GB, Intel 545s 500GBSSD, ADATA SU800 SSD, 3TB Spinner
Display(s) LG Ultra Gear 32 1440p 165hz Dell 1440p 75hz
Case Phanteks P300 /w 300A front panel conversion
Audio Device(s) onboard
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus+ Platinum 750W
Mouse Kone burst Pro
Keyboard EVGA Z15
Software Windows 11 +startisallback
key re-sellers are scum
good riddance

GLD

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X, AMD Wraith Prism.
Motherboard ASUS TUF X570-Plus (Wi-Fi).
Cooling Antec 120mm RGB case fans.
Memory 4x8gb, G.SKILL F4-3600C16D-16GVKC.
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 6700.
Storage PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB 4.0x4 NVMe ssd with Vantec ICEBERQ heat sink.
Display(s) ASUS VP278QG 27", 1080p, 75hz, FreeSync.
Case Antec GX202.
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound, Logitech Z625 THX 2.1's, Logitech G430 headphones.
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750.
Mouse Logitech G203 Prodigy.
Keyboard Logitech G213.
Software Windows 11 Pro, @ Day 1.
A little off topic. I don't have FC4 yet (do have all the others) but will when it's cheap. Anyway, I did win a FC4 logo tee shirt on the launch day Twitch event. That was pretty cool.

Processor Intel 13700K
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Bloody B840-LK
I did win a FC4 logo tee shirt on the launch day Twitch event. That was pretty cool.

Pic or it didn't happen!

Joking, just want to see what it looks like. :laugh:

Anyone playing Escape From Durgesh? It's not bad but the leaderboard structure has too many loopholes, leaving it a pointless stat. I assumed it would be based on how fast you extract, and categorized into sp and coop.

All it tallies is your longest time on any given life. It also seems to be tied to your main campaign difficulty setting. It doesn't account for what setting your playing on, how powerful an arsenal you have, how much supplies you have, what skills you have unlocked, or even if you're playing sp or coop.

All these things can drastically effect how long you can survive in a given life.