1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Feature suggestions - Confirm on exit, Allow/not allow multiple instances

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by Naki, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Naki

Thanks Received:
    Now that we have a separate Setting screen, I think GPU-Z can go creative & useful with adding various new options there.

For example, I suggest:
    1) An option to confirm on exit. Now it is easy to accidentally close/exit GPU-Z, which you may not want to happen in many cases. This should be in Settings - a checkbox named "Ask for confirmation on exit", and also when you exit, if enabled, it should show a dialog with something like this:
    "GPU-Z will be closed, please confirm." (or if it is better as a question - "GPU-Z will be closed, are you sure?") with "Quit, Cancel, Quit & stop asking" buttons in the box.

If user clicks "Quit & stop asking", they will have to re-enable the option in Settings, if they want it again.

2) Other similar system monitoring programs also have an option to allow or disallow multiple instances.
    So, this could be added in a checkbox with wording like "Allow multiple GPU-Z instances" OR if you want to have it as negative "Do not allow multiple GPU-Z instances" (or if you want this shorter, the GPU-Z part can be removed).

What do you guys/author think, please?

2. jboydgolfer

jboydgolfer

Thanks Received:
    I run multiple instances of gpuZ often(open 1st instance, then once opened, go to taskbar icon, rightclick and open infinite other instances by clicking gpuZ). I personally wouldnt want a confirm on exit dialogue box, but i cant see it being an issue if there was an option

Naki says thanks.
  3. Naki

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your feedback! Interesting, how do you run infinite instances? You should have a PC with infinite amount of RAM & infinite time, which I think nobody has (at least nobody mortal :)).