• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Finally Something I can use - NOt the best but useable

floridajerseyguy

I have had six computers in my life. All of them were either not worth fixing, broken or hanging by a thread. Recently I got an emachines 1161-07. Problems solved. NOT...

Now I have to burn a DVD on my new system and I cannot burn all the great shows I have on my computer to DVD disks.

The authentication process has some kind of error where it says something like this

(cannot use avi format files to burn the disk - must authenticate through Nero).

I am using Nero to burn video and it will not allow me to burn these shows becuase they are not the original disks.

They I tried a DVD ISO burn on Nero and it worked, but my friends DVD player will not read the ISO format. What should I do?

System Name The Dove Box Rev 3.0
Processor i7 8700k @ 4.7GHz
Motherboard Asus Maximus X APEX
Cooling Custom water loop
Memory 16GB 3600 MHz DDR4
Video Card(s) 2x MSI 780 Ti's in SLI
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 PCIe SSD, 4TB
Display(s) 27" Asus 144Hz
Case Enermax Fulmo GT
Audio Device(s) ON BOARD FTW
Power Supply Corsair 1200W
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Win 10 64x
Most DVD players wont recognize an ISO file you will probably need to burn the ISO as a DVD format. Have you tried IMGBURN?

So are you going from AVI format and burning them to DVD? Are you using a DVD creator tool? or Nero? I dont have Nero so I'm not sure whats up there.

T

twilyth

do you mean you created an iso file and put the file (with a .iso file extension) on to the disk? In other words, you wrote the iso file to disk as a data file?

If so, no dvd player will read it. BUT, if you were able to create the iso with no problems, you should be able to burn it with imgburn - click here for their web site.

In image burn, you will select the option that says 'burn image to disk'. Then browse for the iso file and select it. Then click the start button (or whatever they call it).

ISO file are disk images. It's just a way to package up all of the files, directories and structural elements in one neat package. To burn an image file, you need a program like image burn that can reconstruct the file structure on the disk.

I hope I explained that clearly. Let me know.

edit - Sorry mlee49, you beat me to it.

floridajerseyguy

I am going to try that

Sorry but things are a bit hectic and I haven't had time to get on and talk lately.

Thanks for everything you guys posted looks like I'll be trying image burn.

Truth is this is the first dvd I have ever tried to burn.

Yes I was trying to use nero, but I will get imgburn.

I'll keep you updated. TY