• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Find Max core help

N

Nuked1775

Just tried using atitool, and selected find max core. Its been running for about 2.5hrs. now. Shouldn't it eventually stop and give me a number to set for my max core? It doesn't really seem to be doing much of anything, the numbers fluctuate from 17 to 1700. I'm running this on a laptop, 2.8 P4, 384ram, with a Radeon 345m. Any help would be appreciated since this graphics card sux and I'd like to pimp it out to its max.

N

Nuked1775

Also, is anyone had any luck with overclocking this vid card, and with what kind of results?

N

Nuked1775

Ok, been running it for over 3.5 hrs. now with same results, numbers just keep fluctuating greatly. Sometimes going up into the 2800 now, and still no errors. This can't be right is it?

bobo

all you have to do is look

if you click on the settings tab and go to "artifact scanning" in the drop down menu you'll see a box to "stop scanning for maximum clock after". CHECK that box and put abuot 900-1200 in the box. And the higher the number you put the more stable the max clock will be.

Frozen

No, just observe how it moves....once you run it for abut an hour, itll be at max, itll go down about 10mhz, hit max, go down, and so on.