• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Flashing my XFX RX580 with another brand Vbios

NebulaM78

Hi all
I'm building a Hackintosh system that currently has problems with XFX cards. I would like to flash my card with another brand vbios like Powercolor or Sapphire. I notice that clocks for GPU and RAM are slightly different. Can I actually do that? Any ideas on the vbios compatibility or any suggestions?
Thanks for your help

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
If you do a search in the forum for flashing video cards, you'll find a wealth of information about the tools, the procedures, the gotchas, and the procedures for fixing your future bricked gpu. Make sure you find the threads about how why branding doesn't matter and which specs/components matter when you are flashing. One of the more important pieces is the memory. There specifically some sticky threads for flashing tutorials and unbricking.

NebulaM78

Ohh Thank you for your prompt answer. Considering this GPU has double vbios if think it worth a try. I've been looking around and there's no fix for this specific brand. Cannot make it work with my system and cannot buy another brand. Since AMD GPU is the same I wonder if memory would be the second catch. If you could point me to the right direction I'd appreciate a lot!
Thanks in advance

System Name Wut?
Processor 3900X
Motherboard ASRock Taichi X570
Cooling Water
Memory 32GB GSkill CL16 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Vega 56
Storage 2 x AData XPG 8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) 3440 x 1440
Case Thermaltake Tower 900
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Ultra Platinum
Ohh Thank you for your prompt answer. Considering this GPU has double vbios if think it worth a try. I've been looking around and there's no fix for this specific brand. Cannot make it work with my system and cannot buy another brand. Since AMD GPU is the same I wonder if memory would be the second catch. If you could point me to the right direction I'd appreciate a lot!
Thanks in advance

Not the solution I would recommend but might start you on the path.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...d-of-a-sapphire-pulse-rx580-2048sp-4g.268962/

NebulaM78

And may I ask what solution do you recommend? My GPU-Z tells me my XFX card uses Samsung Memories but I don't know if it shows all modules. Unfortunately no information for Sapphire version since it can bring Samsung or other memory brand.

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
First check what clocks, memory size (4/8), and which Samsung memory chips are used (K4G80325FB or K4G80325FC) and then flash from command prompt with the instructions here.