• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[fps]Tactical Assault (coders wanted !)

Sickmind

TA ( Tactical Assault) is a full game based on Unreal Development Kit technology that will focus on combining tactical gameplay with arcade style and speed; while utilizing the immense power of the UT3 Engine.

It's a new chapter in the Tactical Ops serie. But the devlopment team was forced to choose a different name than Tactical Ops, because Tactical Ops Assault On Terror was released as a standalone game, and there where some issues with copyright.
Tactical Assault will also be a standalone game, but a standalone game for free !

The gameplay will be based on squad based team play like top first person shooters such as COD4 and Counter Strike, while still capturing the one man army feel of a Rambo Film! It will pit the Strike Force against Mercenaries in intense round based objectives and stunning scenarios. Tactical Assault offers a wide variety of modern weaponry................

and beautifully rendered maps ............

The devlopment team is hard at work producing new maps that give the right feel for the game, they will reward team play while still allowing opportunities for individuals to shine and capture their glory. If you love action-packed first person shooters with great community involvement, then stay tuned.

Tactical-Assault has a nice and close community. There are already more than 1000 registered members at the forum. The most of them are true Tactical-Ops fans.
The difference with allot of other games is, that the devlopment team listens to the comunity.

The Tactical Assault Development Team is an international effort. They have fans from all over the world as well. Many of the team members have years of experience working with game creation and are very active within UDK and FPS communities. The team is working hard everyday to ensure that the first release to the public will surprise you with its quality. The team is very friendly and welcomes any and all help. Feel free to stop by and apply for a position or just post your suggestions on the forum.

WANTED

System Name Ivy Biatch
Processor i5 3570K
Motherboard ASSRockzz z77TOTHEEXTREME!!!!
Cooling bleh
Memory 2x4gb crucial 1866
Video Card(s) HD7770, yes it does BF3
Storage 120gb Vertex
Display(s) 226BW
Case whats that, oh my table
Audio Device(s) stock onboard thing
Power Supply HX850W
Software 7
wow, just, wow, if its gonna look like that when its done, then i dont mind throwing in a buck or 2 for the game,

brandonwh64

Addicted to Bacon and StarCrunches!!!
wow, just, wow, if its gonna look like that when its done, then i dont mind throwing in a buck or 2 for the game,

your right! it does look good!

do you have any military advisers helping develop the game?

Yea, this does look really good. I'd love to see even more from the UT3 engine. Doesn't seem to get used anywhere near enough.

Some members should really just on this, be awesome to have TPU mentioned in the final game :)

If i could code better, i'd certainly try and help.

System Name Old Skool
Processor E6750 @ 3.6 ghz
Motherboard GA P35 DS3L
Cooling Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283v
Memory 4gb Kingston DDR2 @ 900mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 9800GT 512MB
Storage SAMSUNG 320gb
Display(s) VIEWSONIC vx2260wm
Case HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Realtek (on board) + Logitech x540
Power Supply CM 550w
Software W7 Ultimate 64
I liked the original tactical ops, was a blast to play MP. Hope this one turns good. It was a fun game, don't know how it'll hold up in this age though, but you never know, since they made the first one so good, I trust em! (I might even throw a few bucks to you guys if it plays well!) Whats good is, it'll be free, so aready a winner in my books.

Its only now that I understand that it was some kind of recruitment thread, I thought it was in the games section! :)

DeathByTray

System Name Dustbuster
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 "Deneb C3" 955 Black, 4x 3.2GHz
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-770TA-UD3
Cooling COOLERMASTER Hyper 212 Plus
Memory Kingston Technology DDR3 4GB 1333MHZ
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Storage WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black 2.0TB
Display(s) SAMSUNG SyncMaster P2450 24" TFT LCD
Case BITFENIX Survivor Core
Audio Device(s) OnBoard
Power Supply ARCTIC COOLING Fusion 550R
Software 7

Sickmind

wow, just, wow, if its gonna look like that when its done, then i dont mind throwing in a buck or 2 for the game

The game is totally free. You don't need a copy of UT3 since UDK (Unreal Devlopment Kit) is used :) It's going to be a standalone game.

do you have any military advisers helping develop the game?

I don't think the development team has.

If i could code better, i'd certainly try and help.

Mayb you can code good enough or help with other things :)
You can always apply http://tactical-assault.com/wanted.html

You may want to post this at www.unrealadmin.org

Thnx for the tip :)

There are almost 1000 members on the forum. Feel free to join our forum. After registration the whole forum is visible.

CHAT WITH US

System Name Loose nuts & bolts
Processor FX-8350 - EK Supreme HF full nickel
Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0
Cooling Water EK goodness all around 2xBlack Ice X-280
Memory 2 x8G HyperX Fury 1600 @ 9-9-9-24-1T
Video Card(s) 2 x XFX RX 480 w/EK-FC RX 480 nickel+Acetal
Storage Samsung 850 Evo + 2xWD Black 500GB in RAID0
Display(s) Crossover 27" 2560x1440 110Hz OC
Case Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
Audio Device(s) on board
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Software Win 10 Enterprise x64
Registered, thanks Sickmind :toast:

Sickmind

There's a new media release at the TA site.

Within 1 or 2 months in-game footage will be shown :) Yeehaaaah

A few images :)

TA menu

TA menu 2

Map Asset

For the full media release goto the TA-website

Feel free to visit our forums too. The forum will be only fully displayed after registering !

We got a lot of new team members and the TA steam engine is running on full speed again toward the first BETA, but we are still in need of a:

•Programmer
•Motion Graphic Artist
•Weapons Animator
•Female Voice Actor
•Environment Modeler
•Texture Artist
•2D Concept Artist

System Name Ultra 64
Processor NEC VR4300 (MIPS R4300i)
Motherboard proprietary design
Cooling Fanless aircooled
Memory 4.5MB 250 MHz RDRAM
Video Card(s) 62.5 MHz Reality Coprocessor
Storage 32 - 512 Mbit ROM Cartridge
Display(s) 720x576
Case Clear Blue Funtastic
Audio Device(s) 16-bit CD quality
Power Supply proprietary design
Mouse N64 mouse for use with N64DD
Keyboard N64 keyboard for use with N64DD
this looks great im definitely keeping an eye on this one. Im learning to code for audio but alas i don't think id be good enough, i am good at playing games though :p

Sickmind

It's time for a small update.

For the full media release click here

TA onofficial youtube movie

Our modelers and artists have been racking up libraries worth of assets in recent months

Fusion:Electricity Substation

Fusion:Train Bridge

A few things going on :

-all 1st person weapon models are done
-working towards stripping our weapons to provide additional 3rd person and pickup model versions.
-started to skin and rig the 1st person player arms for animating, which will then lead us on to animating all the weapons... a slow and tedious task, but one that is critical!

On our next update we hope to show you more media, some in-game map screenshots and further news on our animations, character models.. and oh yea.. our teaser trailer as well which is still being developed!!

Sprinter Van

Merc Female Concept

For your info, we reached #2 on moddb last week from 1,649 mods/games which we feel is a testament to our fans!
If you haven't already, please drop by and get "following" and rack up the support even more so

Plz visit our Forums to provide us with your feedback.