• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

[FS] Stripped 15" LCD, controller, various other parts

randomperson21

Processor AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+ @ 2.4Ghz
Motherboard ECS NForce4 A-939
Cooling CPU: Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu GFX: Zalman VF-700AlCu, 2x120mm+5x80mm w/ Ultra 7ch Fan Controller
Memory Kingston 2x512MB DDR PC3200 Dual Channel 3-3-3-8
Video Card(s) EVGA Nvidia 7900GT KO Superclocked
Storage 2xSeagate Barracuda 7200.8/9 160GB SATAII NCQ in RAID0: 300GB total capacity
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster 941BW (19" widescreen, 1440x900)
Case Antec P180B
Audio Device(s) Built in. 5.1Ch Logitech Z-5500 500w soundsystem, digital Coax connection
Power Supply Spire 500W
Software Windows Vista Ultimate
Hello all!

Haven't been around here for quite awhile now, but i'm looking to move a few items, and i thought that perhaps someone here would like some of this stuff. Most of this stuff has some pretty specialized applications, for say, DIY projector building and the like, but perhaps someone here would have some use for it.

Last year, I worked on a research project that involved converting a standard LCD display to be backlit by LED's instead of CCFL tubes. As part of this project, I ended up with a ton of misc. LCD components that I managed to collect from different places, much of which, i believe, is still worth something. So, I wanted to pass some of it on to you guys, hopefully someone here can use this stuff better than I can.

I will attempt to give my best description of each item. Also, apologies for the poor picture quality, I do not have a decent camera at the moment. If anyone wants more information on a paticulair item, or would like a better quality photograph, feel free to ask.

Here we go!

1) BOE-Hydis 15" XGA LCD Display ~~$75 OBO + shipping
This is a 15" LCD display I picked up somewhere for research purposes. Brand new, never used. Includes 15" XGA (1024x768) LCD panel, optical components, and CCFL backlight. Does not include any controller components, LCD only. I have not been able to fully test this unit, but since its new, I assume it is in full working order (it even has the protective film over the LCD intact still). The datasheet for this LCD can be found here

2) XGA LCD Controller Module (might even work with the 15" XGA display! ;) ) ~~$15 OBO + shipping
This is a relatively standard XGA controller module, capable of driving the 15" Boe-Hydis. Includes power supply. NOTE: The cable that connects the controller to the LCD has been slightly modified, so it will either need to be repaired or replaced upon purchase.

Additionally, I have some inverter units capable of powering the 15" LCD's CCFL modules from a 12V power supply, if anyone's interested. I can throw those in, plus the LCD and controller, for about $150.

Also, I have a Microsoft Abacus SMART watch i'm looking to get rid of, used lightly for a year and still in perfect working condition. PM me if you want pics/more specs on that unit. $40 OBO + shipping

Anyways, thats all I've got for today! If you have any questions, comments, or offers, feel free to PM me or whatever. Hopefully, this stuff will find a nice home where they can be better put to use.

Thank you!

~~randomperson21