• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

FTC Gives Manufacturers 30 Days to Remove Warranty Void Stickers

Raevenlord

News Editor
System Name The Ryzening
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK
Cooling Lian Li Galahad 360mm AIO
Memory 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3733 (4x 8 GB)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Ti
Storage Boot: Transcend MTE220S 2TB, Kintson A2000 1TB, Seagate Firewolf Pro 14 TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro VG270UP (1440p 144 Hz IPS)
Case Lian Li O11DX Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) iFi Audio Zen DAC
Power Supply Seasonic Focus+ 750 W
Mouse Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Keyboard Cooler Master Masterkeys Lite L
Software Windows 10 x64
Remember that time where the FTC announced they were cracking down on illegal, predatory warranty conditions? You know, such as those "warranty void if removed" stickers that don't really have any legal base towards their implementation - and eventual refusal of an actual warranty claim? Well, the gong has now sounded, and it will reverberate some 30 times: the amount of days the FTC has given companies to cease and desist on putting those stickers in newly shipped products.

Via a Freedom of Information Act request, Motherboard has received confirmations that the first six companies that have been served by a letter form the FTC are Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Hyundai, HTC, and ASUS (the list of companies that didn't get any letter, however, is quasi-infinite). The letters were sent by Lois Greisman, the FTC's associate director of marketing practices, on April 9th, and established a 30-day period for companies to change their official warranty policies, threatening legal action.

"Warranty language that implies to a consumer acting reasonably under the circumstances that warranty coverage requires the consumer to purchase an article or service identified by brand, trade or corporate name is similarly deceptive and prohibited," the FTC letters said.

This could also be concerning, however, as the FTC seems to be putting such an inordinate amount of focus on the language that is being employed by the companies. This, to this editor, seems like is leaving the door open for the companies to review their language and obfuscate their warranty-voiding intentions under other remarks than those they employ now. Here's hoping we're just putting our tinfoil hats on this one...

"This letter places you on notice that violations of the Warranty and FTC Acts may result in legal action," the letters state in bold, adding that the FTC had reviewed warranty language on each manufacturers' websites and found it to be infringing. " FTC investigators have copied and preserved the online pages in question, and we plan to review your company's written warranty and promotional materials after 30 days. You should review the Warranty and FTC Acts and if necessary, revise your practices to comply with the Acts' requirements. By sending this letter, we do not waive the FTC's right to take law enforcement action and seek appropriate injunctive and monetary remedies against [company name] based on past or future violations."

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

well the seal was to show you may of opened the device or what ever and tampered with it usely over a screw hole or case edge to help show this when its been returned ? so these companies now lost that protection from end user abuse ?

a honest guy would just RMA it in or don't give a crap about warrantee . dishonest guy tends to be a big shot and cracks things open and make ''adjustments and finds hes not so smart after all and now he can send it in and just say ''I never opened it and tampered with it ''

why cant they say the item is for there exclusive use on there products ? so if I hook up a AMD vid card to a Lincoln welder and crank up max current and the card blows up I'm now in the clear and AMD has to cover it ? seems like I was acting reasonably in doing that , right ? now its a matter of a opinion

well look for that added cost to everything you now buy to cover this .

what do they expect from wording ? some chia guy doing is best at English ? in the end it all in there court if they honor warrantee or not you send it in and they do it with ease or you got to fight them for a week of e-mail tag or they just flat turn it down with a too bad so sad note attached .

in the end its all cheap china crap to start with and you got to treat any thing weather its name brand or not from newegg or e-bay new or used as all a buyer beware condition .

just seems like someone with pull at the FTC got board and needed something to do to pass his time till retirement . then spend you tax dollars litigating it for years [your tax dollars working hard for you ]

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Seriously?

They did it to keep people from frying themselves on PSUs etc.

An Automobile you should be able to work on

By the way electronics makers find tampering at the rma center they will void the warranty regardless if it had a sticker or not and charge you for repair.

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
well the seal was to show you may of opened the device or what ever and tampered with it usely over a screw hole or case edge to help show this when its been returned ? so these companies now lost that protection from end user abuse ?

a honest guy would just RMA it in or don't give a crap about warrantee . dishonest guy tends to be a big shot and cracks things open and make ''adjustments and finds hes not so smart after all and now he can send it in and just say ''I never opened it and tampered with it ''

why cant they say the item is for there exclusive use on there products ? so if I hook up a AMD vid card to a Lincoln welder and crank up max current and the card blows up I'm now in the clear and AMD has to cover it ? seems like I was acting reasonably in doing that , right ? now its a matter of a opinion

what do they expect from wording ? some chia guy doing is best at English ? in the end it all in there court if they honor warrantee or not you send it in and they do it with ease or you got to fight them for a week of e-mail tag or they just flat turn it down with a too bad so sad note attached .

in the end its all cheap china crap to start with and you got to treat any thing weather its name brand or not from newegg or e-bay new or used as all a buyer beware condition .

just seems like someone with pull at the FTC got board and needed something to do to pass his time till retirement . then spend you tax dollars litigating it for years [your tax dollars working hard for you ]
Dude, please, use some/proper punctuation, and try not writing like you have five years worth of education minus english classes on the record.
I literally can't understand half of your post.

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
a honest guy would just RMA it in or don't give a crap about warrantee . dishonest guy tends to be a big shot and cracks things open and make ''adjustments and finds hes not so smart after all and now he can send it in and just say ''I never opened it and tampered with it '' ]
So if I want to open my prebuilt to clean the dust I've broken my warranty? I've replaced multiple bluray drives in consoles...its not hard man..yes warranties are voided if not used correctly. I can't drive my car in the ocean cause its not a submarine, warranty void.

Dude, please, use some/proper punctuation, and try not writing like you have five years worth of education minus english classes on the record.
My favorite part was when they bashed someones inability to write in English then proceeded to fail all over the place in the post.

System Name Xbox Series S
Processor AMD Zen2 8 core 3.6 GHz
Memory 10GB GDDR6
Video Card(s) RDNA2 with 20 CUs
Storage 512Gb SSD NVMe Internal + 8TB WD Black USB External
Display(s) Acer VG270U P 2k
Tommy: Let's think about this for a sec, Ted. Why would somebody put a guarantee on a box? Hmmm, very interesting.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Go on, I'm listening.

Tommy: Here's the way I see it, Ted. Guy puts a fancy guarantee on a box 'cause he wants you to feel all warm and toasty inside.

Ted Nelson, Customer: Yeah, makes a man feel good.

Tommy: 'Course it does. Why shouldn't it? Ya figure you put that little box under your pillow at night, the Guarantee Fairy might come by and leave a quarter, am I right, Ted?

[chuckles until he sees that Ted is not laughing]

Ted Nelson, Customer: [impatiently] What's your point?

Tommy: The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy; well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser, and your daughter's knocked up. I seen it a hundred times.

Ted Nelson, Customer: But why do they put a guarantee on the box?

Tommy: Because they know all they sold ya was a guaranteed piece of shit. That's all it is, isn't it? Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time. But for now, for your customer's sake, for your daughter's sake, ya might wanna think about buying a quality product from me.

Ted Nelson, Customer: [pause] Okay, I'll buy from you.

:)

System Name Daves
Processor AMD Ryzen 3900x
Motherboard AsRock X570 Taichi
Cooling Enermax LIQMAX III 360
Memory 32 GiG Team Group B Die 3600
Video Card(s) Powercolor 5700 xt Red Devil
Storage Crucial MX 500 SSD and Intel P660 NVME 2TB for games
Display(s) Acer 144htz 27in. 2560x1440
Case Phanteks P600S
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Corsair RM 750
Mouse EVGA
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software Windows 10 Pro
I bought the MSI Duke 1080ti back in December and I had asked MSI is I could replace the TIM on it since it was running hot and they said no problem and to just ignore that sticker..Found the cooler was actually loose..

System Name #projectEVO v4
Processor AMD R9 3950X
Motherboard ASUS X570 Crosshair Impact
Cooling EK Supremacy EVO CPU, Alphacool Monsta 240, Alphacool UT60 360, Aquacomputer Aqauero 6X
Memory GSkills Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 CL16 @3600MHz
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 970 500GB NVME M.2, Seagate 4TB 7200rpm HDD (x2)
Display(s) Samsung G9 Odyssey 49" Ultrawide @240hz | ASUS MG279Q 1440P @144hz | HTC VIVE
Case CaseLabs Mercury S5
Audio Device(s) Marantz PM7000N | Schitt Stack UBER | Beyerdynamic DT1990 | Sennheiser HD6XX | HiFi Man HE4XX
Power Supply EVGA 1600 Watt T2
Mouse HyperX Haste, Logi GroX Superlight, Logi GPro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Drop ALT , HHKB Pro 2, RealForce Topre 104UB, Topre Realforce RGB
Software Windows 10 PRO

You have NO idea what you're talking about...

Do some research of the Magnusson-Moss ACT...

Voiding the warranty can only take effect if the damage has a direct correlation to the claim.

A: User removes the air cooler from a reference GTX 1080TI to mount a waterblock (Does NOT void the warranty) UNLESS somehow the user scratched the GPU die in the process now claiming the Graphics card is defective.

B: User adds an aftermarket exhaust to their car going to a dealership for service with suspension issues (Does NOT void the warranty) UNLESS the user somehow installed aftermarket springs or any suspension related items causing an issue. This also doesn't void the warranty but DENY the claim.

You have the legal right to open and "tamper" with any product you own. Or choose whomever you want to open it and "tamper" with it for you. It has nothing to do with whether you(or they) should, or shouldn't, do so based on your(or their) qualifications as a technician(or lack thereof). If you(or they) break it, because you(or they) don't know WTF you're(or they're) doing, that's still on you(or them). It has nothing to do with whether or not it's "safe" for you(or them) to do so, in regards to any personal injury that might occur as a result. If you hurt yourself(or they theirself), because you(or they) don't know WTF you're(or they're) doing, that's still on you(or them) too. There was almost certainly a "warning : dangerous" sticker telling you(or them) to be careful. If there wasn't...then it's actually not on you(or them) if you(or they) are injured. You(or they) get to sue the company for not providing a proper warning label.

ALL it has to do with is companies trying to force you into allowing(and/or paying) someone not of your choosing, as in not you or someone you would prefer(and/or prefer to pay), to service your product. They have no legal right to choose for you who can, or can't, service your product(and/or require you to pay for repairs by someone not of your choosing, or disallow you to fix it yourself for free). Nor do they have any legal right to deny a product's warranty if you decide for yourself who services your product.

Last edited:

too bad so sad is all I can say to that . so I get a F on my report card ? don't like it lump it or better just don't read it

Voiding the warranty can only take effect if the damage has a direct correlation to the claim.

A: User removes the air cooler from a reference GTX 1080TI to mount a waterblock (Does NOT void the warranty) UNLESS somehow the user scratched the GPU die in the process now claiming the Graphics card is defective.

B: User adds an aftermarket exhaust to their car going to a dealership for service with suspension issues (Does NOT void the warranty) UNLESS the user somehow installed aftermarket springs or any suspension related items causing an issue. This also doesn't void the warranty but DENY the claim.

good luck with all that in real life . I guess if you lawyer up and push the fact you may gain .

when you send it in its the ball if fully in there court . they could take it no issue or like I said send it back with the too bad so sad note . say if evga turns you down and your in NY are you going to driver to CA to see them about it ?. no you will just get pissed and move on . as fart as I know evga don't care if you remove things and bios mods as long as it ships back to them as original out of the box condition the rest will cry and fight [depending on who you get to deal with and what side of the bed he got up on that day ]

Last edited:
kinda like when they came out with torx head screws and you went to work on something with your trusted flathead or Phillips to find out its not going , and then you heading to walllll mart for the new torx driver set . [with all the sizes but the one you needed ...lol.. ]

maybe that glue GM/ chevy uses to hang there car and truck doors on with . that's some mean stuff no bolts just that glue only . man you would tare the metal apart before that stuff lets go

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
They can still put "no user serviceable parts inside" stickers on. The decision basically just means that warranty service can't be voided based on a sticker.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64

Yup I worked in appliance repair, was told by customer they attempted to repair the wash machine, when I got there the unit was In pieces, they expected me to put it back together. I told them it's not covered since they took it apart and didn't put it back together, I reported it, charged them trip fee. Never heard back lol. Lesson of story, don't waste my time with lying about a problem and the machine is in pieces because you took it apart and couldn't figure out how to put it back together.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
System Name Sillicon Nightmares
Processor Intel i7 9700KF 5ghz (5.1ghz 4 core load, no avx offset), 4.7ghz ring, 1.412vcore 1.3vcio 1.264vcsa
Motherboard Asus Z390 Strix F
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gamer Storm CAPTAIN 360
Memory 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB (B-Die) 3600 14-14-14-28 1t, tRFC 220 tREFI 65535, tFAW 16, 1.545vddq
Video Card(s) ASUS GTX 1060 Strix 6GB XOC, Core: 2202-2240, Vcore: 1.075v, Mem: 9818mhz (Sillicon Lottery Jackpot)
Storage Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD, WD Blue 1TB, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 512GB
Display(s) BenQ XL2430 1080p 144HZ + (2) Samsung SyncMaster 913v 1280x1024 75HZ + A Shitty TV For Movies
Case Deepcool Genome ROG Edition
Audio Device(s) Bunta Sniff Speakers From The Tip Edition With Extra Kenwoods
Power Supply Corsair AX860i/Cable Mod Cables
Mouse Logitech G602 Spilled Beer Edition
Keyboard Dell KB4021
Software Windows 10 x64
Benchmark Scores 13543 Firestrike (3dmark.com/fs/22336777) 601 points CPU-Z ST 37.4ns AIDA Memory
sweat so i could rma my 1060 strix (dunno why i would it runs 2177mhz) even tho i have swapped the tim

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
Seriously?

An Automobile you should be able to work on

By the way electronics makers find tampering at the rma center they will void the warranty regardless if it had a sticker or not and charge you for repair.
The sad part, and added truth of that, is that rma center can claim the screw heads had marks on it claiming that they [screws] were damaged from using the wrong screwdriver on them overtightened. The rma center could use any excuse to deny a claim.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. Considering the current FTC administration's stance against consumers, I don't understand this latest gambit... the only downside I see to this is to put companies in the position of raising prices to cover additional warranty services that they should have been providing initially, but weren't.

System Name Unimatrix
Processor Intel i9-9900K @ 5.0GHz
Motherboard ASRock x390 Taichi Ultimate
Cooling Custom Loop
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ RGB DDR4 @ 3400MHz 14-14-14-32
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080 with Heatkiller Water Block
Storage 2x Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD in RAID 0, 1x WD Blue 1TB M.2 SSD
Display(s) Alienware 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440
Case CoolerMaster P500M Mesh
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W
Keyboard Corsair K75
Benchmark Scores Really Really High
Amazing that people love to remove their own rights. The first few posts are just that, stupid people doing stupid things.

The FTC is protecting the rights of consumers to open up their own items to try to fix problems without the manufactures saying "you broke it, not covering it". If I open the hood of my car, the manufacturer can not assume I broke the car if it stops working. If I change my own oil and the transmission broke, the manufacturer can not say that it is not covered just because I change my own oil.

If I peel off some stickers, you can't assume I opened it and broke the device.

Deathlokke

If I peel off some stickers, you can't assume I opened it and broke the device.

One thing I'm still not sure of: what about serial numbers? Say a product has a sticker with a serial number on (not located above a screwhole, as that runs afoul of the Magnusson-Moss Act), can the manufacturer claim voided warranty if it's removed?

System Name Miami
Processor Ryzen 3800X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VII Formula
Cooling Ek Velocity/ 2x 280mm Radiators/ Alphacool fullcover
Memory F4-3600C16Q-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) XFX 6900 XT Speedster 0
Storage 1TB WD M.2 SSD/ 2TB WD SN750/ 4TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) DELL AW3420DW / HP ZR24w
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
Audio Device(s) EVGA Nu Audio
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W+750W
Mouse Corsair Scimitar/Glorious Model O-
Keyboard Corsair K95 Platinum
Software Windows 10 Pro
too bad so sad is all I can say to that . so I get a F on my report card ? don't like it lump it or better just don't read it

good luck with all that in real life . I guess if you lawyer up and push the fact you may gain .

when you send it in its the ball if fully in there court . they could take it no issue or like I said send it back with the too bad so sad note . say if evga turns you down and your in NY are you going to driver to CA to see them about it ?. no you will just get pissed and move on . as fart as I know evga don't care if you remove things and bios mods as long as it ships back to them as original out of the box condition the rest will cry and fight [depending on who you get to deal with and what side of the bed he got up on that day ]

Lol, been there before had a warranty denied because of missing sticker, it was never there. I just mentioned a laywer and their reply was a tracking number for the replacement. Yeah if you are ignorant the ball is in their court.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
One thing I'm still not sure of: what about serial numbers? Say a product has a sticker with a serial number on (not located above a screwhole, as that runs afoul of the Magnusson-Moss Act), can the manufacturer claim voided warranty if it's removed?
as stated above, the manufacturer (at the rma center) can make up any excuse to deny a claim.