• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gainward GTX 760 Phantom not recognised

Peaveywolf

Hi there, just purchased a second hand Gainward GTX 760 Phantom 2 gig to put in my mac pro 5.1 but its not recognised on the OS X side nor the windows side. I think its a power issue as when the cables are not in it is recognised in both OS's as an nvidia base card

Will changing the bios using the kepler editor be able to sort this out

Many thx in advance

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Not Extremely Familiar with Mac ( boot Camp Windows ) and Graphics cards
Cards for Mac's used to have their own Bios for Mac o/s (Paying the Apple Tax )
Cards from windows orientated systems needed flashing ( if a bios was available ) before using in Mac O/s and of course going from Mac to Windows also needed Flashing with Appropriate Bios
IT may Be the Card is just not compatible with Mac and Flashing will do you no good

PS i am Open to being corrected by some one with better knowledge

Peaveywolf

Not Extremely Familiar with Mac ( boot Camp Windows ) and Graphics cards
Cards for Mac's used to have their own Bios for Mac o/s
Cards from windows orientated systems needed flashing ( if a bios was available ) before using in Mac O/s and of course going from Mac to Windows also needed Flashing with Appropriate Bios
IT may Be the Card is just not compatible with Mac and Flashing will do you no good

PS i am Open to being corrected by some one with better knowledge
If its native windows on a separate partition then you should by rights be able to use any windows gpu. I had a windows gts 460 in before this which worked fine on both OS's. 760's can be used in macs and also 960's. My question really is can you lower the power by editing the bios