• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gaming mice, the bad and good ones!

hat

Enthusiast
System Name Starlifter :: Dragonfly
Processor i7 2600k 4.4GHz :: i5 10400
Motherboard ASUS P8P67 Pro :: ASUS Prime H570-Plus
Cooling Cryorig M9 :: Stock
Memory 4x4GB DDR3 2133 :: 2x8GB DDR4 2400
Video Card(s) PNY GTX1070 :: Integrated UHD 630
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, 2x1TB Seagate RAID 0 :: Mushkin Enhanced 60GB SSD, 3x4TB Seagate HDD RAID5
Display(s) Onn 165hz 1080p :: Acer 1080p
Case Antec SOHO 1030B :: Old White Full Tower
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro - Bose Companion 2 Series III :: None
Power Supply FSP Hydro GE 550w :: EVGA Supernova 550
Software Windows 10 Pro - Plex Server on Dragonfly
Benchmark Scores >9000
I have the Gygabyte M-8000X. I like it for the DPI switch at the top that allows me to turn it up or down easily. Good for sniping long distances.

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 Infinity RS4000\Paradigm P Studio 20, Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I love all computer mice except for anything that's wireless the batteries die fast on them.

Well the G700s lasts me about 2-3 days and that's with it left on all the time and if i turned it off when it was not in use i bet it would last a lot longer.

All so the cable that makes it wired all so charges it too and is not hard to plug in at night and leave it, how ever to be able to do that a powered hub is recommended as this will allow the mouse to charge while the system is shutdown.

Logitech Marathon M705, Logitech G602 ... the batteries do not die fast on them... (i still have the same battery in my M705 since 4yrs and i use it regularly, the G602 i did 6month with 2 Energizer lithium and a daily use around 10hrs )

Not having a issue with my G700s either and see so many people having a issue over the battery life but i believe they are just taking to much notice of the low battery prompts as mines popped up saying it's on 10% but yet i have used it for hours and just ignored it lol.

All so have 2 Duracell fully charged but not had to use them at all.

My sensei raw starts doing problems with mouse wheel. Does any one knows if its fixable ?
And also i would like some recommendations in case i buy a new one , i hold it claw type and don't mind if its a simple like sensei which i love.
Thanks for the help ! :)

Edit: How about steelseries rival ? does any one knows if it's a good one?

Back in 2012 i got a ZAI mouse which was replaced due to double clicking after about 6 month which SS replaced it with their top end mouse which ended up failing due to the same issue in about the same time frame which i had to take apart and clean the switch until the plastic casing was more the issue.. How ever about 1 week ago whats a few minutes in asking them for the replacement part and they told me to to ask a RMA which i thought was BS at 1st but i filled it in regardless of the mouse being out of warranty even for the replacement and they have sent me a new one in the post which hopefully i will get next week.

It will probably fail after 6 or so months again but i am just going use it as a back up mouse if the G700s fails which knowing Logitech will just send me a new one without the need to sending it in.

So SS went a step further with there warranty which is really nice just remember it's shorter than most but if lucky like i was try for a replacement anyways after all what you got to lose a few minutes ?, well i don't mind losing a few minutes if it can save me from spending more money ;).