• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GeForce GTX 480 has 480 CUDA Cores?

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Did you click the source link in the article that is linked from TPU?

oops, my bad.

But... just clicked it there. What am i seeing? The same GTX 480 - no clock details so why speculate about it's overclockiness?

and this...

launch a special limited edition packaging and a limited number will be incorporated into a number of media is currently being carried out in order first to be sold.

....means jack all. Except perhaps to imply there will be added incentive given away with card (such as the razer mice).

Now, if indeed it is fact that razer mice are being given away with the cards, this indicates Nvidia's massive investment in marketing this card. If it were stand alone superb, it wouldnt require quite so much *ahem* pomp and ceremony and whoring it out with other peripherals.

Or is it, Buy a Razer Deathadder and get a free GTX 470?

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
oops, my bad.

But... just clicked it there. What am i seeing? The same GTX 480 - no clock details so why speculate about it's overclockiness?

and this...

launch a special limited edition packaging and a limited number will be incorporated into a number of media is currently being carried out in order first to be sold.

....means jack all. Except perhaps to imply there will be added incentive given away with card (such as the razer mice).

Now, if indeed it is fact that razer mice are being given away with the cards, this indicates Nvidia's massive investment in marketing this card. If it were stand alone superb, it wouldnt require quite so much *ahem* pomp and ceremony and whoring it out with other peripherals.

Or is it, Buy a Razer Deathadder and get a free GTX 470?

A lot of card manufacturers give away games and stuff, I understand a mouse doesn't fall under the same category. But I believe it's due to the vendor rather than Nvidia.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
A lot of card manufacturers give away games and stuff, I understand a mouse doesn't fall under the same category. But I believe it's due to the vendor rather than Nvidia.

For 1 most good mice cost more than a DVD and also Mice production is way higher creating additional weight to a container or make it bigger which in turn means more wasted material and more money spent to produce the packaging when it is really not needed. Plus if the Mouse that is included with the package fails You would have to get a RMA for it which means more wasted time and money from several companies.

Wile E

Power User
System Name The ClusterF**k
Processor 980X @ 4Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 BIOS F12
Cooling MCR-320, DDC-1 pump w/Bitspower res top (1/2" fittings), Koolance CPU-360
Memory 3x2GB Mushkin Redlines 1600Mhz 6-8-6-24 1T
Video Card(s) Evga GTX 580
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB, 2xSeagate 320GB RAID0; 2xSeagate 3TB; 2xSamsung 2TB; Samsung 1.5TB
Display(s) HP LP2475w 24" 1920x1200 IPS
Case Technofront Bench Station
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte into Onkyo SR606 and Polk TSi200's + RM6750
Power Supply ENERMAX Galaxy EVO EGX1250EWT 1250W
Software Win7 Ultimate N x64, OSX 10.8.4
Fudzilla gets info quite fast mostly before anybody else. It based on speculation same with Semiacurate and The Inquirer. Nothing wrong with that because most of hte time they are right on the money an before anybody else.

Ummmm, no they aren't. There's a reason they are no longer allowed as a source in TPU's new section.

System Name Current
Processor i5 2500k @ 4.5
Motherboard ASRock Z77 Extreme4
Cooling Xigmatek Gaia
Memory 2x4G G-skill Sniper
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 128 Crucial M4, 1 TB Seagate Baracuda
Display(s) Shimian Achieva 27"
Case Corsair 400R
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsais HX-620
Software Windows 7
For 1 most good mice cost more than a DVD and also Mice production is way higher creating additional weight to a container or make it bigger which in turn means more wasted material and more money spent to produce the packaging when it is really not needed. Plus if the Mouse that is included with the package fails You would have to get a RMA for it which means more wasted time and money from several companies.

Wasn't arguing this point, just stating that Nvidia doesn't usually decide what incentives will go for with a card.