• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Genesis Unveils the Helium 800 BT 2.1 Speakers with ARGB Illumination

Who the hell wants RGB speaker lights off to the sides of their monitor? I'm one of those people that places the satellite speakers to the left & right sides of the monitor, so it would be more distracting than anything having RGB lights of any color or setting located there. My case & fan lighting are set to static colors, and the RAM, keyboard, and mouse lighting gradually change colors slowly so as not to be distracting. Basically, no RGB lighting pointing into my face.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Thank goodness there are companies still making pc speakers and not catering to headset users or just using lame ass sound bars.

I can only use headset for voice comm, not game sound.
Get a set of Audioengine A2s or anything from Creative and they'll be miles and miles better than this, and utterly devoid of RGB too. Plenty of PC speaker options out there.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Who the hell wants RGB speaker lights off to the sides of their monitor? I'm one of those people that places the satellite speakers to the left & right sides of the monitor, so it would be more distracting than anything having RGB lights of any color or setting located there. My case & fan lighting are set to static colors, and the RAM, keyboard, and mouse lighting gradually change colors slowly so as not to be distracting. Basically, no RGB lighting pointing into my face.
The same people who like RGB lighting on the front of their monitors, keyboards, and mice?

I am not one of those people, but clearly they exist as it's practically all you can buy these days without going for budget office-focused peripherals.

The same people who like RGB lighting on the front of their monitors, keyboards, and mice?

I am not one of those people, but clearly they exist as it's practically all you can buy these days without going for budget office-focused peripherals.
They must be "daywalkers" that like a bright room who occasionally darken it to snap a few pics & show off their RGB over-saturated gaming rig. It becomes more of an art piece and less in practicality/functionality.
When I first started the venture of putting together a work/gaming area, I was planning on going the full monty with RGB lighting under & around the sides/back edges of the desk using a Ryzen color scheme with matching carpet, but in the end, I was just happy with the rig itself and settled for RGB on the case fans, RAM, keyboard, and mouse. Given how I prefer low environment lighting when using a computer, it would've been a waste since I would've had most of it turned off the majority of the time when using the system.