• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Getting the XPS L501X to work with the AverMedia H339 Hybrid Analog/ATSC TV tuner

richiebl

I have a Dell XPS 15 (L501X) laptop with the NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M 2GB graphics with TV Tuner on Windows 7. It includes the AVerMedia H339 Hybrid Analog/ATSC with Driver version 2.2.64.64. The driver appears to be up-to-date. The system has 8GB of RAM and an i7-740QM processor. I've connected the over-the-air digital antenna, that comes with the latop, to the system. I followed the setup guide instructions and Windows Media Center instructions to configure the system to be able to receive over the air live digital TV signals. I cannot receive any TV signal, for any channel. Media Center is configured for the TV Signal Configuration "Digital Antenna (ATSC): Digital Terrestrial Lineup (1 tuner)". I live in proximity to New York City so I would not expect signal strength to be an issue. I'd expect to receive some signal. I've tried reconfiguring several times, but get thhe same results. Can anyone help with any suggestions on how I can get this to work? thanks, Rich