• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GIGABYTE Motherboards and Graphics Cards at the 2023 International CES

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
GIGABYTE displayed their latest motherboards and graphics cards at the 2023 International CES, covering their Socket LGA1700 Intel 700-series chipset; and Socket AM5 AMD 600-series chipset. The Z790 AORUS Tachyon is the company's top-grade LGA1700 motherboard targeting the professional overclocking crowd. The board is designed to chase down CPU and memory overclocking world records, featuring the company's most powerful CPU VRM solution, and a 1 DIMM-per-channel DDR5 memory setup that preferred by overclockers for supporting the highest memory overclocks with the tightest timings. There are several overclocker-friendly features besides the onboard buttons—dual-BIOS ROMs, angled connectors for bench cases, consolidated voltage measurement points, and a feature-packed BIOS setup program.

Over in the AMD side, GIGABYTE's top Socket AM5 motherboard is the X670E AORUS Xtreme, which is a feature-packed motherboard with possibly the strongest CPU VRM solutions in the market for Ryzen 7000 processors, and with the best VRM cooling. In addition to the PCIe Gen 5 M.2 slot wired to the AM5 SoC, you get additional Gen 5 slots that subtract from the x16 PEG slot. The AORUS Xtreme also has the most feature-rich BIOS available among GIGABYTE's AM5 lineup. The B650I AORUS Ultra is a premium Mini-ITX Socket AM5 motherboard based on the AMD B650 chipset. Despite its compact size, it gives you a PCI-Express 4.0 x16 PEG slot, a Gen 5 M.2 slot, and two additional Gen 4 M.2 slots, besides the latest wired- and wireless connectivity. We also snapped the B650 AERO G motherboard targeting creators, and the mainstream B650 AORUS Elite AX.

Among the graphics cards we spotted are the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Gaming OC that we recently reviewed, and the feature-packed GeForce RTX 4070 Ti AORUS Master, which features GIGABYTE's highest factory-OC for this GPU at 2670 MHz GPU Boost (vs. 2610 MHz reference), and a tiny LCD display on the card that either puts out real-time monitoring, or can be made to display anything (eg: clan logo). The AORUS Master cooling solution also debuts GIGABYTE's newest "Bionic Shark" fans, which feature ridges that have "teeth," which can improve axial airflow. There's also the GeForce RTX 4080 AERO OC, a SKU that targets creators that like to game. Lastly, there's a custom-design AMD Radeon RX 7900 series graphics card, the Radeon RX 7900 XTX AORUS Elite.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

Processor i7-4790K 4.6GHz @1.29v
Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VII Z97
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G. Skill Trident X 2x8GB 2133MHz
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf RTX 3060 V1 FHR (Newegg Shuffle)
Storage OS 120GB Kingston V300, Samsung 850 Pro 512GB , 3TB Hitachi HDD, 2x5TB Toshiba X300, 500GB M.2 @ x2
Display(s) Lenovo y27g 1080p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) AKG Q701's w/ O2+ODAC (Sounds a little bright)
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 850w
Mouse Glorious Model D
Keyboard Rosewill Full Size. Red Switches. Blue Leds. RK-9100xBRE - Hate this. way to big
Software Win10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark FireStrike Score : needs updating
Wow the heatsinks on the B series are getting ridiculous

Processor AMD Ryzen 3800X / AMD 8350
Motherboard ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming X / Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 Revision 3.0
Cooling Stock / Corsair H100
Memory 32GB / 24GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6800 / AMD Radeon 290X (Toggling until 6950XT)
Storage C:\ 1TB SSD, D:\ RAID-1 1TB SSD, 2x4TB-RAID-1
Display(s) Samsung U32E850R
Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Black rev. 2 / Fractal Design
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300G2 / EVGA Supernova 850G+
Mouse Logitech M-U0007
Keyboard Logitech G110 / Logitech G110
I've had three high end Gigabyte motherboards that never gave me problems over the years though it's terrible to see WIFI garbage on almost everything, especially high end and mid-rangeboards.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
I've had three high end Gigabyte motherboards that never gave me problems over the years though it's terrible to see WIFI garbage on almost everything, especially high end and mid-rangeboards.

It's 2023. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips are pretty inexpensive especially as a percentage of COGS for a more premium motherboard.

Logistically it's easy for motherboard manufacturers to simply include things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and RGB on their premium offerings because creating a bunch of SKUs that eliminate one or more features (Bluetooth but no Wi-Fi and RGB) will end up being a headache for retailers, distributors, and the manufacturers themselves from an inventory management standpoint.

And typically one can disable these features in the BIOS. Same with onboard audio.

Borrowing the famous words of the late Steve Jobs: "Not a big deal."

It's 2023. Wi-Fi and Bluetooth chips are pretty inexpensive especially as a percentage of COGS for a more premium motherboard.

Logistically it's easy for motherboard manufacturers to simply include things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and RGB on their premium offerings because creating a bunch of SKUs that eliminate one or more features (Bluetooth but no Wi-Fi and RGB) will end up being a headache for retailers, distributors, and the manufacturers themselves from an inventory management standpoint.

And typically one can disable these features in the BIOS. Same with onboard audio.

Borrowing the famous words of the late Steve Jobs: "Not a big deal."
Also since multi-channel speaker has become a rarity these days, dropping number of 3.5mm jacks also makes sense(while keeping support for TOSLINK in case people want to use multi-channel speakers).

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple Silicon M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple Silicon M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Ventura 13.6 (including latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Also since multi-channel speaker has become a rarity these days, dropping number of 3.5mm jacks also makes sense(while keeping support for TOSLINK in case people want to use multi-channel speakers).

Again a sign of the times as PC hardware manufacturers evolve with changing interests of the marketplace.

In the Nineties, discrete sound cards like the Sound Blaster were typical. Then came onboard sound chips with ever increasing support for multi-channel audio.

More recently some motherboard manufacturers are scaling back on onboard audio as interest in multi-channel audio via 3.5mm audio jacks wanes. Gamers these days are using headsets (with USB DACs), many with spatial audio features as well as built-in microphones for voice chat. And wireless headsets also have made lots of gains in popularity.

Digital audio is available from discrete video cards as well as USB connections. Many PC monitors targeted at gamers don't even have built-in speakers.

PC hardware evolve as technology and public tastes change. In most cases, this stuff can all be disabled. Hate "rainbow puke" addressable RGB? Guess what? You can turn it off!

Again a sign of the times as PC hardware manufacturers evolve with changing interests of the marketplace.

In the Nineties, discrete sound cards like the Sound Blaster were typical. Then came onboard sound chips with ever increasing support for multi-channel audio.

More recently some motherboard manufacturers are scaling back on onboard audio as interest in multi-channel audio via 3.5mm audio jacks wanes. Gamers these days are using headsets (with USB DACs), many with spatial audio features as well as built-in microphones for voice chat. And wireless headsets also have made lots of gains in popularity.

Digital audio is available from discrete video cards as well as USB connections. Many PC monitors targeted at gamers don't even have built-in speakers.

PC hardware evolve as technology and public tastes change. In most cases, this stuff can all be disabled. Hate "rainbow puke" addressable RGB? Guess what? You can turn it off!
With regards to Rainbow Puke, people hate software solutions/Bios options to disable or turn it off. In that regards MSI(Even Gigabyte has started doing with Multi-Key which is either through dedicated button on motherboard or user installed button through 2 pin header which needs to be configured from BIOS) has the best solution of adding dedicated 2 position switch to switch off the RGB Puke altogether without any bloatware.

That ITX boards looks really cute. With three gen 4 or faster nvme slots, you could perhaps use an nvme to pcie converter and connect a 10GbE network card to it, and then it would be perfect.

Processor 11700
Motherboard TUF z590
Memory G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ROG Vega 56
Case Deepcool
Power Supply RM 850
Correct me if i'm wrong but i remember AMD promising am5 motherboards starting at 125$, unfortunately i have not found any.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i remember AMD promising am5 motherboards starting at 125$, unfortunately i have not found any.

Does AMD sell motherboards?

Exactly. Chipsets. Whatever is in between there is the usual tax.

Processor 11700
Motherboard TUF z590
Memory G.Skill 32gb 3600mhz
Video Card(s) ROG Vega 56
Case Deepcool
Power Supply RM 850
B650 are around $150

Depends on the country, here cheapest B650 is 200 euros

Does AMD sell motherboards?

Exactly. Chipsets. Whatever is in between there is the usual tax.

Show me an AM5 board starting at 125 usd, ooh wait you can't at least not until B620 comes out.