• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Godeal24 Legit?

System Name GO DAWGS!
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A Chromax.Black
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4070 Ti (Non OC)
Storage WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X & Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
Display(s) Alienware 38" Curved Gaming Monitor - AW3821DW
Case Lian Li LancooL 216 Black (Non RGB)
Power Supply Corsair RMX Series (2021), RM750x, 750 Watt, Gold
Software Windows 11 Pro
I noticed an ad on this site for GoDeal24 https://www.godeal24.com/ and wanted to know if anyone has bought a license key for Windows there, and if so, were there any issues? I have a Windows 10 Pro digital license tied to my Microsoft account and wanted to LEGALLY transfer it over to my new build running Windows 11, but for the life of me I haven't been able to do so. I've tried several different things I read online, but nothing worked. Now I will just buy a cheap key if this site is legit. If not, screw it! I can run an un-activated copy if I have to. :)

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
Ive used the key sites that TPU sometimes has and they've worked really well. Even got proper customer support.

The one you linked seems to be a ripoff of gooddeal

I bought some keys a few years ago from the TPU sponsored posts and never had an issue with them.

The godeal24 site was posted back on the 28th of July here so I think it's probably just rotating domain names to keep things 'interesting'.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
The sites mentioned in these sponsored posts are legit here at TPU and other similar news sites (Guru3D, Tweaktown, Wccftech, TechRadar, WindowsCentral, et al).

However it is important to note that they are selling Windows OEM license keys. Once activated, the key is tied to the motherboard serial number and is non-transferable. These are not retail licenses which may be transferable. It is as if you bought an HP, Dell, Lenovo system with Windows pre-installed. The Windows license cannot be transferred.

You are free to purchase a retail Windows license key but it really doesn't make any sense. At $7 a pop for an OEM key, just buy, activate and forget about it. Even if you wipe the boot drive clean and reinstall Windows, the system will phone home to Microsoft and self-activate the previous key if you don't try to switch Windows versions (like go from Home to Pro or Enterprise).

There is nothing new about this, many mom-and-pop PC shops have been selling Windows OEM licenses with the purchase of a PC component (like a CPU, motherboard, power supply, GPU, etc.) for a couple of decades.

Earlier today I bought an Office 2021 Professional Plus key from TPU's sponsored post. I received the activation key via e-mail about 5-10 minutes after purchase. I was using Office in trial mode and it took less than 30 seconds to activate the suite.

Last edited:

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R9 5900X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Aqua Elite 360 V3 1x TL-B12, 2x TL-C12 Pro, 2x TL K12
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, Asus Hyper M.2, 2x SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact RGB
Audio Device(s) JBL 2.1 Deep Bass
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
I have used them before for an Office key, legit!

There was another one that was advertised here, I bought an AIDA key, but then it was no good. Made contact and was issued a new dirty key. I ended up just paying for it on my own.

System Name Spam
Processor i9-12900K PL1=125 TA=56 PL2=288
Motherboard MSI MAG B660M Mortar WiFi DDR4
Cooling Scythe Kaze Flex 120mm ARGB Fans x1 / Alphacool Eisbaer 360
Memory Mushkin Red Line DDR4 4000 16Gb x2 18-22-22-42 1T
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XT
Storage Team Group MP33 512Mb / 1Tb
Display(s) LG 34GP63A-B (3440 x 1440)
Case Lan-Li A3
Audio Device(s) Real Tek on Board Audio
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA 850 GM
Mouse G203
Keyboard G413
Software WIN 11 Pro
Mybe if you were to go to the main TPU site TechPowerUp , you will see their advertisement when you scroll down.

I have used them several times and had zero issues with their Microsoft keys and service paying them through PayPal.

System Name GO DAWGS!
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Memory G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series (AMD Expo) 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30-38-38-96
Software Windows 11 Pro
Thank you all very much for responding. I feel a little more confident now. I know the keys aren't that much, that's not the issue. I just don't want to support a shady site.

Thanks!

Case Apple proprietary
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Your apprehension is understandable yet misguided. If the merchants that sponsored these posts on various news sites were bogus, people like W1zzard would be flooded with complaints and the merchants would quickly be blacklisted by news sites. Q&A forum discussions would also be overwhelmed by angry readers.

This isn't Fleabay.

A lot of these merchants have been operating for years. Maybe their prices are a little higher than those operating on Fleabay but it's worth shelling out an extra dollar or two to sites like GoDeal24 for peace of mind rather than some fly-by-night operator advertising on Fleabay, TikTok, whatever. The latter are more likely to sweep up some cash and vanish into the night. Fleabay will do nothing but media site operators like TPU trying to scratch out a living aren't going to let Dodgy Bros. Software Store continue to fleece their readership.

As a sponsored post, TPU probably gets a small commission for each purchases made via a clickthrough. It's in W1zzard's best interest to make sure the people who click through these links get good customer service because these sponsored posts reflect on HIM as well.

TL;DR - If you trust W1zzard, feel a little more confident about the sponsored posts that he allows. Remember, he buys baby food with it.

Last edited:
System Name GO DAWGS!
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Software Windows 11 Pro
Your apprehension is understandable yet misguided. If the merchants that sponsored these posts on various news sites were bogus, people like W1zzard would be flooded with complaints and the merchants would quickly be blacklisted by news sites. This isn't Fleabay.

A lot of these merchants have been operating for years. Maybe their prices are a little higher than those operating on Fleabay but it's worth shelling out an extra dollar or two to sites like GoDeal24 rather than some fly-by-night operator advertising on Fleabay, TikTok, whatever. The latter or more likely to sweep up some cash and vanish into the night. Fleabay will do nothing but media site operators like TPU trying to scratch out a living aren't going to let Dodgy Bros. Software Store continue to fleece their readership.
Oh, I totally understand that. I know TPU wouldn't do that. That would hurt their reputation if so.

:toast:

Case Apple proprietary
I explained it because your initial inquiry sounded like you had scant confidence in TPU and those who run it. After all, your profile is less than three months old. I have zero knowledge about what you know about online shopping.

Remember that these same merchants advertise elsewhere. I know I have purchased some license keys clicking through a link on another tech media site. If the news site is legit, then the sponsored posts have the approval of those site operators. Not just this specific GoDeal24 post here at TPU. W1zzard has welcomed a variety of sponsored posts from many merchants over the years.

Last edited:

ir_cow

Staff member
Legit that your keys don't expire. Where the keys comes from is a mystery to me. I assume it's grey market keys.

System Name GO DAWGS!
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Software Windows 11 Pro
I explained it because your initial inquiry sounded like you had scant confidence in TPU and those who run it. After all, your profile is less than three months old. I have zero knowledge about what you know about online shopping.

Remember that these same merchants advertise elsewhere. I know I have purchased some license keys clicking through a link on another tech media site. If the news site is legit, then the sponsored posts have the approval of those site operators. Not just this specific GoDeal24 post here at TPU. W1zzard has welcomed a variety of sponsored posts over the years.
I've never bought anything from one of these key sites. Never even paid them much attention until recently. After looking around, I see there are many out there to buy from, and yes, with such low prices, they do seem too good to be true. And I certainly meant no disrespect towards W1zzard or anyone else. Just wanted some feedback on that site.

Case Apple proprietary
Like I wrote earlier, mom-and-pop PC stores have been selling OEM license keys for 20+ years. Nothing new about this practice and it's not exclusive to online sales. I've never purchased a retail copy of Windows or Office in my life.

It seems like there are a lot of these online vendors but my hunch is that it is really just 2-3 operators, each running multiple storefronts. Again, nothing new or different about that, most of the adult "tube video" sites are owned by one Russian guy for example.

In 2023 you could probably walk into a mom-and-pop PC store and just buy a key over the counter. They know that the money you spend in their shop are dollars you aren't giving to some guy in Hong Kong. And they have a vested interest in keep customers happy so they return. They have bills to pay: rent, payroll, utilities, etc.

There are far shadier sales propositions online than this sponsored post.

Last edited:
System Name GO DAWGS!
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X
Software Windows 11 Pro
Like I wrote earlier, mom-and-pop PC stores have been selling OEM license keys for 20+ years. Nothing new about this practice and it's not exclusive to online sales. I've never purchased a retail copy of Windows or Office in my life.

It seems like there are a lot of these online vendors but my hunch is that it is really just 2-3 operators, each running multiple storefronts. Again, nothing new or different about that, most of the adult "tube video" sites are owned by one Russian guy for example.

In 2023 you could probably walk into a mom-and-pop PC store and just buy a key over the counter. They know that the money you spend in their shop are dollars you aren't giving to some guy in Hong Kong. And they have a vested interest in keep customers happy so they return. They have bills to pay: rent, payroll, utilities, etc.

There are far shadier sales propositions online than this sponsored post.
GoDeal24 lists their address being in Hong Kong at the bottom of their webpage :fear::D

ADDRESS
Shun Feng International Centre 3B-09, 182 Queen's Road East, Wanchai, Hong Kong

Case Apple proprietary
We know. Some of these license key stores say they are in Hong Kong. Hong Kong has enjoyed a business-friendly reputation for decades even though it is now part of the PR of China.

I assume it's an actual physical location that is used as a convenient address for many businesses, but not an office. More a mailbox than anything else.

There are several places on this planet that have local regulations that are particularly favorable to online businesses, not just Hong Kong. I believe Cyprus is another.

Best to use a credit card that doesn't incur foreign transaction fees.

Last edited:
System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
GoDeal24 is my top go-to solution for keys (and i've bought many)... great fast service + zero negatives/troubles to report on; everything just runs as expected every time.

Xii-Nyth

yeah godeal is a good site, always saw sales on wccftech and got a 3 pack of keys one time, all worked

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I've had an Office 2021 key bought from there revoked (or some other keysite TPU advertises for). Or revoked, one day that Office install was not activated and wouldn't reactivate.

Xii-Nyth

I've had an Office 2021 key bought from there revoked (or some other keysite TPU advertises for). Or revoked, one day that Office install was not activated and wouldn't reactivate.
try asking them for a replacement. in your case its a little odd since it did work but temporarily

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage Intel 905p Optane 960GB boot, +2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11 Enterprise IoT 2024
try asking them for a replacement. in your case its a little odd since it did work but temporarily
Honestly that's not at all unusual if you buy keys on a keymarket like this outside the incredibly permissive windows ecosystem. They tend to oversell the keys, and it gets them blacklisted.

Wye

Inappropriate language and attacking site.
Selling or buying OEM licenses without hardware is illegal.
Godeal24 IS shady, and Microsoft will bring it down eventually. And your "incredible deal" license might go buh bye at any moment.

Guess what the law says about advertising illegal stuff? No, "I didn't knew it was illegal" is not a valid excuse in front of the law.

TPU will probably delete this post, but they can't delete the accounting records: they did accept money from Godeal24. And the illegal site history was already stored by investigating companies.

Last edited by a moderator: