• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPU-Z window "rubberbanding"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was on latest official build for some in past few months time but accidentally installed a new insider again. The problem persist in every build. Changed my GPU from 1070 to Vega 64 and still the problem is there. Fortunately the problem is not causing any performance or other problems, besides being strange.

hearnia_2k

hearnia_2k -- what mouse do you use?
Does this mobo have both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports? What kind of USB port is the mouse plugged in to?
Is this a wired or wireless mouse?

Also, what version is your Windows 10 OS? You listed Build, but version matters more, such as: 1803, 1809, 1903/etc.

EDIT: Okay, seems you are using Windows 10 Insider Preview, Fast channel. And this by design is meant to have some bugs! :)
Unless your job is to test Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast channel and you get paid for this, then it may be a good idea to switch to Slow channel, which Microsoft recommends anyway.

The advantages of Slow channel are that there should be less bugs in total, and less major/showstopper bugs too. :)
The disadvantage of Slow channel is it gets updates much less often than Fast channel, so if a certain bug "hits" you, you may need to wait longer for a fix - such as a few weeks, or in extreme cases - even 1-2+ months.
Also, using Slow channel you may not get new features as fast as with Fast channel, but have in mind that those new features may be partially broken in Fast channel when they are first released. :)

I am on Slow here, and right now some of my USB 3.0 devices (I have lots, mostly external HDDs/SSDs & docking stations) - notably a fast, good USB 3.0 SATA HDD/SSD adapter - simply fail to connect with a Code 10 error, and this has been the case for months now, with no fix in sight. :(
(It was mentioned at some point as a known issue, but when MS will fix it, or if they even totally forgot about this bug, I don't know.)

EDIT #2: Do you have any special reasons to want to have Insider Preview at all? If not, you can choose to switch back to "RTM/Stable" version by setting the "Stop getting preview builds" option to ON, but this works in such a way that once you set this setting it will then take months for this to happen - you cannot switch until Microsoft allows/decides it can happen. :)

Hey, Yes, insider, fast channel. I understand the perils of running insider builds, but this issue with the GPU-Z and CPU-Z windows is not strictly limited to Insider builds, as far as I have seen.

I often run slow or RTM, but there was a reent feature added that I wanted to play with; the Hardware GPU Scheduling, so I went to fast. I don't often have issues when running insider builds, generally, but right now my fingerprint login doesn't work on my Microsoft keyboard :)

If I wanted to switch to RTM more rapidly I would simply reinstall; it's not exactly that big of a deal.

Anyway, back on topic, I have a Roccat Leadr right now. I was playing with a Logitech M325 the other day, and noticed the issue was not present; as has been noticed earlier in the thread, I think this is somehow linked to polling rate. It's not exactly a big deal anyway, it's funny as much as anything.

Now with the latest AMD drivers and latest GPU-Z all is fine.
Only CPU-Z is rubberbanding.

hearnia_2k

I reinstalled Windows 10, no longer running an insider version, running standard 1909, build 18363, and this no longer happens for me with CPU-Z 1.91 nor GPU-Z 2.2.29.0, using the same 1000Hz polling mouse (Roccat Leadr)

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Thanks for the feedback!

OK - today i got a new monitor - slight rubber banding is present again.
Obviously some Windows internal problem.

System Name Main PC/OldPC/3rd PC
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge/Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge/Core i3-4330 Haswell
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V/ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen1/ASUS H81M2
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Intel Box cooler/Intel Box cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance/32GB ADATA/16GB ADATA
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB/MSI RX 480 8GB/SAPPHIRE R9 390 8GB
Storage 2x1TB ADATA SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/2xCrucial 1TB SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/Samsung 1TB SSD+8TB+4TB HDDs
Display(s) Philips 274E5QHAB@HDMI + Philips 273EQH@DVI (both 27")
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium
Audio Device(s) Kenwood Mini HiFi system/Microlab speakers/Philips HDMI (main)+LG TV monitor HDMI + Apple headphones
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent ProM 600 W (modular)
Mouse Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)@Razer Goliath mousepad (Medium speed)
Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)
Software Win10 64-bit (Main PC v.1809 RTM Enterprise/2nd PC v.1903 Insider Preview Pro/3rd PC - same as 2nd)
OK - today i got a new monitor - slight rubber banding is present again.
Obviously some Windows internal problem.
Go to Windows 10 RTM/Stable OS as hearnia_2k did maybe?

For me - not an option for now. I have LOTS of installed games, software, some slight tweaks too, so it would be LOTS of work reinstalling the Windows 10 OS+programs+games/etc on my FOUR PCs. :(
(3 PCs+1 laptop)
Actually, I was using Insider Preview for 2-3 years, then at some point it became very hard to use due to all the bugs.
So, I switched to Windows 10 RTM in spring 2019, and happily used that for a while.
Then in the fall they decided to break MS RDC for me, and as I could not wait until spring of 2020 for them to fix it, I was forced to go to Insider Preview again, and MS RDC worked at once. :)
(Obviously, Insider Preview builds have lots of other nagging issues, but no other choice here... :( )

Damn strange - my computer froze at one point, and after restart it's normal again - no rubberbanding.
And I don't know why it froze.
Go to Windows 10 RTM/Stable OS as hearnia_2k did maybe?

For me - not an option for now. I have LOTS of installed games, software, some slight tweaks too, so it would be LOTS of work reinstalling the Windows 10 OS+programs+games/etc on my FOUR PCs. :(
(3 PCs+1 laptop)
Actually, I was using Insider Preview for 2-3 years, then at some point it became very hard to use due to all the bugs.
So, I switched to Windows 10 RTM in spring 2019, and happily used that for a while.
Then in the fall they decided to break MS RDC for me, and as I could not wait until spring of 2020 for them to fix it, I was forced to go to Insider Preview again, and MS RDC worked at once. :)
(Obviously, Insider Preview builds have lots of other nagging issues, but no other choice here... :( )
I would go to older build, but i also got so much programs and games installed, plus very thorough tweaking of Windows settings that I don't want to have to redo all of it.
I've been using the Windows 10 without clean install for 3-4 years now. Encountered many problems, but still content.

Last edited:

hearnia_2k

I returned to standard builds for completely unrelated reasons; I hadn't reinstalled my machine in about 18 months, during which time I had got a new 3d card, and mainboard, Windows Hello was broken for many builds, as well as a few other issues. I am pretty sure I've seen the issue in older Windows versions though, so not worth rolling back for this!

Most of my games are installed through Steam, so by backing up the games it made reinstalling a breeze, as I installed Steam, copied in the games to the steamapps directory, and then it discovered the files again when I reinstalled those titles. Saves were resynced, too. I kept my old data by using System Image, so was able to mount the .vhdx file, and get back stuff I had missed; like my Corsair iCue profiles, Roccat mouse configuration, etc.
Backing up with Clonezilla as well as Windows System Image took far longer than the reinstall itself in my case :)

If you have an Nvidia card though, and are on Insider builds, take advantage of the 445.xx or 450.12 drivers, and enable hardware GPU scheduling :-D

System Name Main PC/OldPC/3rd PC
Processor Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge/Core i5-3470 Ivy Bridge/Core i3-4330 Haswell
Motherboard ASUS P8Z77-V/ASRock Z68 Pro3 Gen1/ASUS H81M2
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/Intel Box cooler/Intel Box cooler
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance/32GB ADATA/16GB ADATA
Video Card(s) SAPPHIRE R9 290 Tri-X OC 4GB/MSI RX 480 8GB/SAPPHIRE R9 390 8GB
Storage 2x1TB ADATA SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/2xCrucial 1TB SSDs in RAID0+3 HDDs/Samsung 1TB SSD+8TB+4TB HDDs
Display(s) Philips 274E5QHAB@HDMI + Philips 273EQH@DVI (both 27")
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium
Audio Device(s) Kenwood Mini HiFi system/Microlab speakers/Philips HDMI (main)+LG TV monitor HDMI + Apple headphones
Power Supply Cooler Master Silent ProM 600 W (modular)
Mouse Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)@Razer Goliath mousepad (Medium speed)
Keyboard Microsoft Ergonomic Sculpt Desktop 2.0 (combo)
Software Win10 64-bit (Main PC v.1809 RTM Enterprise/2nd PC v.1903 Insider Preview Pro/3rd PC - same as 2nd)
Only AMD cards here mostly. :)
The bad thing here is I use LOTS of gaming clients, so not only Steam, but also Epic Games Client, Blizzard Battle.Net, Origin, UPlay and several more minor others too, and have games located in many possible locations (1 big SSD here, plus 2 more HDDs).

Actually, I rarely play any games on PC, mostly playing on Android phone, iPod touch, and Android tablet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.