1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GPUz

Discussion in 'GPU-Z' started by ghowriter, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ghowriter New Member

Thanks Received:
    I recently found GPUz and cannot believe I have gone so long without it. I am a tech by trade and this little utility is by far one of the most handy I have come across. I am glad you folks give it away, but in all honesty I would buy it if I had to - that's how important it is in my job.

I was recently working on a customer's system when I was searching one of my numerous flash drives for the utility and thought to myself that if only there was a u3 version then things would be so much easier because I only keep one drive with u3 software. I even thought I might suggest/request such a version. That is, until I found PackageFactory. That gem will turn stand alone exe files, like your GPUz into a u3p which can then be installed on a u3 drive. Sure I could simply drop it onto the flash drive, but then I have to open My Computer, then my flash drive and then the program. By converting this to a u3 program, it now sits in the u3 menu and runs perfectly. How awesome is that?

Anyway, thanks for this program!

2. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks, much appreciated

10 Year Member at TPU