• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

GraphNext GraphStudio and Audio Encoders

Hey!

I have a lot of encoders and am wondering if I could get these up and running with GraphNext / GraphStudio -
maybe also with something called "pipes" and DCAENC and CMD.

I have no clue what to do, thanks.

I would also like to see more transcoding options, being stuck on AC3 and DTS Surround is annoying, although DTS Surround (aka DTS Interactive) still stands up to modern standards.
The best way is much like the DTS Interactive APO, where its a dedicated encoder APO, with EFX key, which can work on any PC, since all audio devices can use APO's.

The alternative is indeed GraphNext, but from years of trying with it, you will only find an AC3 encoder (DirectShow), no DTS or lossless formats.

I would also like to see more transcoding options, being stuck on AC3 and DTS Surround is annoying, although DTS Surround (aka DTS Interactive) still stands up to modern standards.
The best way is much like the DTS Interactive APO, where its a dedicated encoder APO, with EFX key, which can work on any PC, since all audio devices can use APO's.

The alternative is indeed GraphNext, but from years of trying with it, you will only find an AC3 encoder (DirectShow), no DTS or lossless formats.
There is supposed to be a way where you output to mpegflask or something and then pick it up with Graphnext :O

Have you gotten your APO dll to work with virtual cables or does it need SPDIF/HDMI?

There is supposed to be a way where you output to mpegflask or something and then pick it up with Graphnext :O

Have you gotten your APO dll to work with virtual cables or does it need SPDIF/HDMI?
Maybe we can use FFMPEG with TrueHD instead?

If someone can do it, it's you @Ferather

Maybe we can use FFMPEG with TrueHD instead?

If someone can do it, it's you @Ferather

The encoder APO (DTS Interactive) should only work on bitstream capable devices, some USB's might support bitstreaming, else yes just SPDIF-HDMI.

DTS APO4 (Ultra) currently only works on HDAUDIO devices, which again, are ones that use-support SPDIF-HDMI.
There may be some plug in USB sound devices with SPDIF, but it probably still wont work.

In terms of virtual, unless the passthrough receiving device is SPDIF-HDMI, bitstreaming is not possible as PCM is expected.

1634254801805.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply.
Maybe older DTS APO can work with a virtual soundcard?

Its likely yes, the new DTS APO4 has built in restrictions, which restrict what devices it runs on. Probably licensing, DTS got very good with that.
Edit: Just so you know, encoding in DTS:X is free, as far as I know DTS made it so no license is needed, intentionally.

Its likely yes, the new DTS APO4 has built in restrictions, which restrict what devices it runs on. Probably licensing, DTS got very good with that.
Edit: Just so you know, encoding in DTS:X is free, as far as I know DTS made it so no license is needed, intentionally.
I have Penteo for the DTS X outlay.
But check out www.ö.fm for current quality.
Its double DTS'd, analog & digital in :)