• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure Expansion Comes on August 22

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
A new chapter in Tyria's story begins August 22 with the launch of Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure, our newest expansion. Soon, you'll be soaring through new maps high in the skies above Tyria, testing your mettle against invaders from the Mists, and mastering new combat options. The adventure continues after launch, with major releases planned every few months that introduce new locations and rewards as they expand the features and continue the story of Secrets of the Obscure.

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure is available for pre-purchase! Pick it up right now through our official web store or from the in-game store, Steam, or official retailers. Pre-purchasing guarantees you the following three rewards: the Demon Hunter title, the Arcane Spellweaver's Hat Skin, and an Eagle Eye weapon skin of your choice. Your pre-purchase rewards, as well as any items associated with the expansion edition you buy, will be distributed and available in the game once you apply your Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure registration code to your account. For full details on the items included with the Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate Editions, visit the official store page.

Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure launches August 22, 2023, at approximately 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7). At launch, the first arc of the expansion's epic story, as well as two new maps, will allow players to explore the skies while putting many of the new gameplay features to the test. Major updates, coming out roughly once a quarter following the expansion, will continue the experience with additional story chapters, a new map, and more features and content.

To get a taste of what's in store, check out the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure combat beta weekend, which runs from June 29 to July 2.

The Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure official page has an overview of the full expansion. To accompany today's announcement, we've shared further details on expansion combat systems, story and instanced content, and rewards.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Hm, the graphics in GW2 didn't age that well. I remember it was rather pretty good looking around launch time. And it was fun to play, I just gave it up because of lack of time for gaming.

System Name custom
Processor intel i7 9700
Motherboard asrock taichi z370
Cooling EK-AIO 360 D-RGB
Memory 24G Kingston HyperX Fury 2666mhz
Video Card(s) GTX 2080 Ti FE
Storage SSD 960GB crucial + 2 Crucial 500go SSD + 2TO crucial M2
Display(s) BENQ XL2420T
Case Lian-li o11 dynamic der8auer Edition
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply corsair ax1200i
Mouse MX518 legendary edition
Keyboard gigabyte Aivia Osmium
VR HMD PSVR2
Software windows 11
Hm, the graphics in GW2 didn't age that well. I remember it was rather pretty good looking around launch time. And it was fun to play, I just gave it up because of lack of time for gaming.
i agree with you

they should start focusing on to GW3 or something.
I loved GW2 for the graphic but the engine is getting old now

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Some may say Arenanet should have gone with a new game engine instead of reusing the old one from the first game but pumped full of steroids. I dont think DX-11 rendering was added till last year after so many years of telling the community that it wasnt possible due to engine limitations. The game is still very badly optimised though. I remember playing the game with a 3930k@4.6Ghz and all sorts of dual GPu setups from AMD and Nvidia and the game still ran like crap.

Last edited: