• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Having problems with Sanitarium

Processor Ryzen 5 2600X
Motherboard ASRock X470 Taichi
Cooling Wraith Max HSF
Memory 2 x 8GB G.Skill FlareX @ 3400 MT/s CL14
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 250GB/Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB/Crucial MX500 500GB (Ubuntu)/Toshiba 2TB HDD
Display(s) LG 27UD68-P
Case Fractal Design Define R6 TG
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Corsair K75 (Cherry Brown Switches)
I just purchased Sanitarium from GOG and I'm having some trouble with it. Now it seems like a lot of people have some graphical issues trying to play this game on Windows 7 with newer hardware. That is not my problem though. The game has no graphical issues whatsoever and seems stable. The problem I'm having is that the game is extremely choppy, mostly when trying to walk. The framerate hovers around 17FPS and drops to 0 when I try to move and hangs there for a bit. I can investigate and carry conversations with no problem. There is the occasional hitch but nothing compared to when I try to move the character. The game is unplayable like this. I've been looking forward to playing this game since I was a kid so it's very frustrating to have this problem.

The game plays smoothly on my C2D laptop with Windows 7 32-bit but is very unstable and crashes often(which the game doesn't do on my desktop).

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting this game to run smoothly on my desktop? Is my hardware just too new? I'm running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks for the help.