• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL Helldivers (Review)

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro

Introduction

Helldivers is Arrowhead's reimagining of the twin-stick shooter. To say that it's added depth to an otherwise highly simplistic genre is an understatement. Somehow they've managed to mash in aspects of a few different games to make this bizarrely addictive multiplayer title. The game is multiplayer focused, but it is possible to play it on your own. The saying goes, everything is better with friends, so I've been playing with random groups as well as a partner for the last week. It's a title that was originally released on the PlayStation a short while back, but has graced our screens just last week. The game has a really heavy focus on community effort, unlocking sectors and planets based on the total community contribution over 24 hour periods. It also features the most open multiplayer options you can think of, allowing online play with up to 4 local or online players. Basically you can mix and match, having a two people playing on one machine with multiple controllers, playing with two others online. No nonsense!

To read the full review, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/helldivers-review/
To read the performance analysis, go to: http://www.nextpowerup.com/articles/helldivers-performance-analysis/

See below for the video review summary:

Processor Ryzen 3600
Motherboard B450
Cooling Scythe Ashura
Memory Team Dark Z 3200 8GB x2
Video Card(s) MSI 390
Storage WD 2TB + WD Green 640GB
Display(s) Samsung 40JU6600 @ 200% scaling
Case Coolermaster CM 690 II
Audio Device(s) Fiio E10K, Graham Slee Solo II SRG, Sennheiser HD6XX, AKG K7XX, ATH WS1100is
Power Supply Corsair HX650
Mouse Rival 700
Keyboard Corsair K70, Razer Tarantula
I'm confused, so there's no campaign? the level is randomly generated but based on certain objectives?
How the balance from lesser number of player? 2-3 player versus 4? Much harder or just the same?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
I'm confused, so there's no campaign? the level is randomly generated but based on certain objectives?
How the balance from lesser number of player? 2-3 player versus 4? Much harder or just the same?

There is a campaign, but you never really complete it. It's like Warframe, you just repeat stuff as it comes about. Each sector is unlocked and randomly generated every 24 hours. Difficulty scales the number of enemies with the number of players. Obviously you choose a difficulty level when you select a planet, but enemy quantity is based on number of players.

Processor i7 12700K
Motherboard MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 4400Mhz CL19 1T
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 6700 XT
Storage 970 EVO 250GB|Crucial m4 128GB|MX300 525GB|MX500 1TB|PNY XLR8 2TB|Kingston NV2 2TB|14TB HDD|4TB HDD
Display(s) Acer XG270HU 27" 1440p 144Hz
Case Fractal Design DEFINE R4 Black Pearl Window
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Corsair RM850x
Mouse Razer Naga Trinity
Keyboard EVGA Z15 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro 64bit
This game is really fun, it's funnier playing with friends but random players are doing the job too. I didn't see trolls yet.
By the way, better taking the pack with the DLCs (sad face), you get a lot more (really) of equipment to upgrade that will help you on high level planets.

Basically, you and the rest of the players kick 3 types of aliens butt in 3 sectors. If the butt kicking is strong you can attack their native planet to win the war.
The challenge is good with friendly fire always ON. If you want, you can solo everything except big boss.