• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help: Force flash vBIOS with nvflash - win/DOS (Solved-ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Is there not an issue with the Plex chip (if it uses one) being recognised as an actual graphics adapter? I know that caused issues on some motherboards that used the chips to create more PCI-e lanes.
Probably utterly unrelated but it's all I know that could pose problems.

Is there not an issue with the Plex chip (if it uses one) being recognised as an actual graphics adapter? I know that caused issues on some motherboards that used the chips to create more PCI-e lanes.
Probably utterly unrelated but it's all I know that could pose problems.

Was what I thought too, but even on a board without PLX it was a problem. What did end up working was flashing the same vBIOS back onto both ASICs, but keeping the later retail vBOIS on the PLX bridge. For some reason that's all it took to get the card working, though only with older drivers.

@Law-II
Gave the HEX edit a try but could not locate the offset storing the board ID in the firmware. The offset it was supposed to be in was instead storing VRAM timing information, and the whole vBIOS became scrambled when edited. The fourth reflash of the old firmware appears to have worked....

Here's some 3DMark because why not:

http://www.3dmark.com/fs/9674467

System Name My Build Asus Deluxe X99 3.1
Processor i7 Intel 5960
Motherboard Asus Deluxe X99 3.1
Cooling Corsair H100i V2 and Corsair Dominator Airflow Platinum RGB LED Memory Fan Cooling
Memory Corsair DOMINATOR® Platinum Series 16GB (4x 4GB) DDR4 DRAM 3200MHz C15 memory kit for DDR4 Systems 1
Video Card(s) 2 GTX Titan Z GPUs overclocked bios
Storage Samsung 950 PRO -Series 512GB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD AND 2 WD 4 T HDDs AND 1 Samsung 512g SSD
Display(s) Samsung Monitor LCD
Case ThermalTake
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 1500 W power supply ATX Corsair
Mouse Alienware TactX Mouse
Keyboard Alienware TactX keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro modified with Winreducer.net
Benchmark Scores 27703 3Dmark
Hey Fouquin i am having the SAME issue on one of my 2 titan Zs. Can you please explain in detail how u got it working? >

Attachments

• titanz.PNG
    titanz.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,621
  • titanz2.PNG
    titanz2.PNG
    36.5 KB · Views: 1,680

FireShock88

Hey Fouquin i am having the SAME issue on one of my 2 titan Zs. Can you please explain in detail how u got it working? >
Same issue here with EVGA GTX980Ti Classified that shows as a reference card. No way to get this to work. Works fine on my other 4998 card but not on the 4997 card.

Attachments

• 980Ti 3.jpg
    980Ti 3.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 765
Status
Not open for further replies.