1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help me figure what extension cable do i need for my speakers

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by KBD, May 24, 2008.

1. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Guys, need help here. I have Creative Inspire P7800 speakers and i need a couple of extension cables for 2 speakers so i can put them behind me for surround sound. Since i know very little about audio stuff, i don't know the tech definition for my current speaker cables and therefore having difficulty finding extensions for them.

This is a pic of my speaker cable interface, the part that goes into the subwoofer:

http://www.techpowerup.org/uploaded.php?file=080523/DSCN5364.jpg

This is the cable i found at Radio Shack, that looks like my cable:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/i...&cp=2032058.2032228.2032256&parentPage=family

Will it work?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it will work. you are in need of a Female to Male RCA cable. All that means, is its a extender for your cable.... Male is the "pin" at the end, and "female" is the hole.. just like it sounds for a person! lol

KBD says thanks.
  3. KBD New Member

Thanks Received:
    Yea, i know about male & female, but what i didn't know was that my cable is known as RCA, i just picked it off Radio Shack cause it looked like mine. Well, one learns something new everyday, thnx for your help Cold Storm.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Cold Storm

Cold Storm Battosai

Thanks Received:
    No problem on the help... If you know me, you know I go on and on about it all! for the ones that didn't know.. lol.. :toast: