• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help Troubleshoot BOOT Issue

System Name PC
Processor i7 9700KF
Motherboard MSI Z390 A PRO
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) PALIT RTX 4070 Dual 12Gb
Storage 2X Crucial MX500 2TB SSD, Samsung 850 pro 512gb SSD
Display(s) DELL C34H89x 34" Ultrawide
Case Corsair Obsidian 550D
Audio Device(s) Audioengine A5+ Speakers
Power Supply Corsair RM750
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 64bit
I had a power surge the other day that knocked out my router for a couple of minutes and shut my pc down... (yes I am on a power surge adaptor).

Anyways when I go to switch it on, it powers the fans for a split second and then its off... no beeps no nothing... no matter how many times I press the power switch the same thing.
Its like it dosent even go into post, just fans spin up and dead within a second.

(please check my specs on the left).

Anyways I have tested the psu and thats working fine, power switch is fine and i jumpstarted it off the mobo pins to test... I unplugged everything from the rails and devices ecxcpet just had the 24pin connector / cpu 8pin in the mobo and same issue... so I assume my mobo is dead and ordered another one (arriving today sometime). Ive also creared the CMOS countless times and had it without power for 24hours / no battery etc...

Anyways while reading some other peoples issues online it occurred to me it could be the CPU!!! god I hope not lol anyways... anyone had a similar issue and what was the cause of the problem.

I just bought an Asus Maximus formula II to use for a while and overclock the crap out of my Q6600... if I need to buy another chip now becuase of this ill end up spending the same as if i upgraded to i5!!! :(