• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help with svideo

gelly eat world

I want to watch dvds on my tv using my laptop as a makeshift dvd player. My tv is hooked up using a 4pin-4pin svideo to my laptop that actually has a 7pin jack, but i dont think that is causing my problem. I get photos, the desktop background i can even read my emails on my tv by plugging the svideo in, but i am getting a blank spot in windows media player on the tv where a movie or music video ia playing on my laptop.The mouse cursor even shows up on the tv. THat is the only problem i am having and am taking a guess that i need a driver or program to convert the data from the laptop into something the tv can understand and display when playing any type of motion picture. I haven't got a chance to check the sound, but i am also asking for suggestions on that too seeing as the speakers n my laptop are pretty crappy for watching a movie on the tv.

I tried right clicking the desktop and it seems i can not find this tv display button i keep reading about, i have windows sp2, and i have never gone into the bios on my laptop, so instructions on that would be helpful if there is something there that needs changing.

any and all help is very appreciated