1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIS Radeon HD 5450 1 GB

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by W1zzard, Mar 15, 2010.

1. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    3dmark03 nature is still an accurate power measurement of typical game performance, you are free to make a better suggestion that includes your own data.

Mussels says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  2. OnBoard

OnBoard New Member

Thanks Received:
    I remember the tortoise coming of the water killing frame rate on countless cards over the years. Also remember thinking when we'd see the nature test like graphics in games and think it took Oblivion to get to that point (and that killed every graphics card out then).

Before that it was the dragon merry-go-round with 8 lights, after that the 05 elevator, then 06 dragon jump over the blimp ship and finally in Vantage Sapphire ship taking off water.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  3. HillBeast

HillBeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    Oh you use the Nature part. That is a killer. Yeah I suppose keep using that.

4. tkpenalty New Member

Thanks Received:
    nice review, i suggest in future for GPUs with intergrated audio that you test the audio as well. Anyway ATi RAM?

5. W1zzard

W1zzard Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    how to test the audio ?

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    i dont think there is a true, scientific way to test the audio without any fancy equipment.

Just some details of what it can and cant do should be sufficient.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. newtekie1

newtekie1 Semi-Retired Folder

Thanks Received:
    Sometimes I wonder if people actually read the reviews, or just look at the pretty pictures...

It has been in the reviews since the power consumption was first added. He explains all of ithe reading, the graphs mean nothing if you don't know what they are measuring. This is one of the big reasons everyone is way off on GTX480 power consumption, it will never really consume 320w during real world use, but everyone saw that on the "Maximum" graph and ran with it without actually knowing what "Maximum" meant.

10 Year Member at TPU Crunching for Team TPU 50 Million points folded for TPU
  8. [I.R.A]_FBi

[I.R.A]_FBi

Thanks Received:
    dugg

9. Mussels

Mussels Moderprator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    they ARE pretty.

and yeah, i missed the fact that maximum was done with furmark - i thought it was all 3Dmark 03 still.

Still, we asked wizzy if 03 was drawing as much as a more modern program - and he said yes (with the exception of burn-your-balls-off furmark)

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. HillBeast

HillBeast New Member

Thanks Received:
    Well one thing I noticed personally while using ATI sound, is that it didn't give as higher performance (ie games had lower FPS). I know other people won't have had this issue or noticed it, but I noticed it because it was on a crap computer when I tried it. Maybe it does effect it but in a small amount. Maybe that could be worth mentioning if you find it does effect it in any way.

11. BadCommand New Member

Thanks Received:
    I use the 512 version of this (HIS) card in 4 HTPC's throughout the house- they work excellent. Bluray picture quality played locally & streamed via PDVD10 in MCE and audio DTHD, DTSHD, DD, DTS and lossless WMA all sound terrific and work flawlessly.

A great card for $40 and have never looked back at the 5770 that were replaced by these. I also see no reason for a gig in a dedicated HTPC.

10 Year Member at TPU