1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hmailserver issues.

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    To start this off, I'm just going to say I am a networking noob, I know the basics but not much, please be kind. Last night I set up a server with Hmailserver, squirrelmail, and wampserver. I can send emails to any address with no problem, and can receive them from other email addresses from my same server, however I cannot receive emails from gmail.com, or hotmail. I have tried googling this issue, and only really found people with MX issues, which is something I don't believe I have. I tried fiddling with SMTP settings, and tried setting up a route for the SMTP, but the documentation from the hmailserver website is a bit confusing, and I kept getting errors no matter what I did. Here are the diagnostics from hmailserver, and here is a link to the intodns of my domain. Thanks in advance!

2. silentbogo

silentbogo

Thanks Received:
    Check your your MX settings again. When i'm trying to go to heraiz.com it redirects me to http://198.91.220.229/, which is a local IP.
    Traceroute gets lost on the way to your host too.

3. R-T-B

R-T-B

Thanks Received:
    I don't think that's a local ip.

4. silentbogo

silentbogo

Thanks Received:
    oops.. missed by a few digits.
    But still it does not match his CNAME or MX records.

***left for some coffee

5. Sir B. Fannybottom

Sir B. Fannybottom

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for your help guys, but as I said in the first post I'm a networking noob. How exactly do I change this? Theres a section on the godaddy page about nameservers but I don't know what I would change it to.

6. silentbogo

silentbogo

Thanks Received:
    MX records will indicate the name of mail servers.
    CNAME is the an alternative name for your domain(pseudonym).
    For example if your host is myserver.com you could also attach www.myserver.com or www2.myserver.com using CNAME record.
    Also you have an A record, which basically is an IP address of your server.

7. eidairaman1

eidairaman1

Thanks Received:
    id hightly suggest using their forums for such technical help- theyed be able to help you better at configuring your net settings to make it all work- just remember though not all mail clients are compatible with certain programs/server infrastructure