• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hostednetwork for wifi-direct

Processor Intel I7 4790k
Motherboard MSI Z87 - G45
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 16gb 1600mhz (2000mhz OC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080
Storage 750gb + 256gb ssd, 2TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung C24fg70 144hz
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Motherboard, Realtek
Power Supply CM Silent Pro M1000
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10 x64
Hey'a all.

Quick question for you all!
I am familiar with using the netsh command in CMD to create a hotspot using the hostednetwork, however since my network adapter support wifi-direct I am considering using wifi direct which is supposed to be faster.
My problem is, I can't seem to find a similar command line or tutorial on how to enable the widi adapter (it is visible in the device manager, but shown as "not connected")

Thanks in advanced!

Elbuort

Hi, really hoping we can find an answer to your question...

In my case, I too have enabled a hosted network using the netsh commands, but my android devices are unable to connect to it...always giving an "authentication error"...the password entered is definitely correct however. I have successfully used Connectify on the computer and connected my devices to it, BUT I am looking for a native solution because this desktop I am using is quite a dinosaur and the Connectify services and interface severely tax my system resources.

The reason I am zeroing in on Wifi Direct functions like you are is because Connectify includes an option for "Prefer Wifi Direct" for connections....enabling THAT option is the only way for my devices to use my Connectify hotspot. Again though, I would like to stop relying on Connectify and instead enable this functionality via the Command Line

Actually Kofoed, I suggest you try Connectify, it may just be the answer you are looking for, but for me, I'm hoping for guidance on controlling/enabling Wifi Direct via netsh commands and the like, in conjunction with the hosted network functionality.

Thanks

Processor Intel I7 4790k
Motherboard MSI Z87 - G45
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 16gb 1600mhz (2000mhz OC)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1080
Storage 750gb + 256gb ssd, 2TB HDD
Display(s) Samsung C24fg70 144hz
Case Fractal Design Define C
Audio Device(s) Motherboard, Realtek
Power Supply CM Silent Pro M1000
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10 x64
Hey Elbuort.

I already switched to Connectify, and also asked their support team if there is anyway to manually activate the wifi-direct adapter.
Unfortunately, as far as their support team is aware you cannot do this manually. Or they just wont tell.
I too, would prefer to run the command myself rather than having a basic UI with ads do it for me :)

You could try and ask them and see if they got an update on the adapter command.