• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How Do We Independently VERIFY Actual Core/Mem Clocks?

Albrich

Let's say I've used the ATiTool sliders to set my core and mem clock speeds. According to the clock fields in ATiTool, it's theoretically running happily at the new clock settings. But, those 2 fields just tell me what they're SUPPOSED to be set to.

How do I independently verify that the card is in fact actually running at those specific new speeds? Not just a relative indicator like a benchmark...but something that interrogates the card and reports the actual measured core and mem frequencies. If that's not possible, then something that interrogates the card and reports the actual ref clock setting, and/or other settings that control final core and mem clock speeds.

Is there something like CPU-z that dynamically reads speed(s) and provides a periodic update or snapshot? For example, while it's running CPU-z might report that a system's 2200MHz CPU is running at 2198.2MHz one moment, and 2201.1MHz a few seconds later.

Processor Intel I7 2600k@ 4.5
Motherboard Gigabyte p67 ud4 b3
Cooling AC Cuplex kryos Hf
Memory 8096 Exceleram 1600@ 1333 Cl9 1.35v
Video Card(s) Palit Gtx570@950/1900@1.063v
Storage Ocz Vertex 3 120gb, 2tb Seagate 7200rpm s-ata3
Display(s) Asus 24inch Lcd
Case Coolermaster Cosmos S
Audio Device(s) Creative X-fi with Teufel Magnum Power Edition
Power Supply Coolermaster 700W Silent Pro Gold
Software Linux?^^ ;P Windows 7 64bit
everest is doing the same, but i dont know if its doing so accurate

System Name money pit..
Processor Intel 9900K 4.8 at 1.152 core voltage minus 0.120 offset
Motherboard Asus rog Strix Z370-F Gaming
Cooling Dark Rock TF air cooler.. Stock vga air coolers with case side fans to help cooling..
Memory 32 gb corsair vengeance 3200
Video Card(s) Palit Gaming Pro OC 2080TI
Storage 150 nvme boot drive partition.. 1T Sandisk sata.. 1T Transend sata.. 1T 970 evo nvme m 2..
Display(s) 27" Asus PG279Q ROG Swift 165Hrz Nvidia G-Sync, IPS.. 2560x1440..
Case Gigabyte mid-tower.. cheap and nothing special..
Audio Device(s) onboard sounds with stereo amp..
Power Supply EVGA 850 watt..
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard Logitech K270
Software Win 10 pro..
Benchmark Scores Firestike 29500.. timepsy 14000..
i doubt there is.. its only the fact that cpu z alters its reading every second or so that suggest its reading things on the fly so to speak..

its pretty easy to verify atitool is actually doing something just by looking at the furry dice figures go up or running a 3dmark..

dont u trust atitool then.. he he

trog

Processor i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 ITX
Cooling Corsair A50 (CPU) and Antec Kuhler 620 (GPU)
Memory G. Skill 8GB 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 290X
Storage OCZ SSD and 1TB Hardrive
Display(s) Dell S2415h
Case Cheap Cougar Case
Power Supply Corsair 650w PSU
Software Windows 10
I know that the ATI CCC tells you the clock speeds, but you have to set ATI tool to boot to the overclocked speeds.

Albrich

ATICCC may not 'measure' clock speeds

Bretts31344

I don't know about that...even the ATiTrayTool seems to just report what the clock SETTING is...it doesn't seem to actually measure anything.

I also wish I could get rid of this infernal hiccup when using ATiTrayTool. For the most part, I just don't use ATiTrayTool. ATiTool seems to do what I want for now, without a "hiccup"..

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Details: ATI TrayTool performance impact?

I'm running an GeCube X800XL 256MB, currently at about GPU=44C, fan=43%

When the ATI Tray Tool is running in the system tray, the mouse, display scrolling, etc. all "hiccup" at about 4 second intervals. I changed the 'sample' interval to 20 seconds, and the "hiccup" occurs about every 20 seconds. (ah-hah! a pattern...I thought.)

I DISABLED the hardware monitoring function (system temp, gpu temp, etc) but the symptoms continued. Only when the tool is EXITED, do the symptoms stop. Restart the tool, and the symptoms return.

The more noticeable symptoms:

If you moderately drag your mouse around on the screen, it will briefly 'stop' for a fraction of a second every X seconds and then continue.

If you are scrolling up or down in a long document, the scrolling 'stops' for a fraction of a second every X seconds and then continues.

If you hold down a key and typamatic a character across the page, it will 'stop' for a fraction of a second every X seconds and then continue.

VERY irritating.

(note: I'm running WinXP Pro SP2/WinMCE2005, on an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ at 2.2GHz, 1GB RAM. No other user-opened apps are running.)