• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How does one know when and why their post got removed? (features suggested)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not one of those "boo-hoo-I-got-my-precious-post-removed" posts. Hear me out.

Earlier today I made a post on a news thread. Hours later I was browsing the thread when I suddenly noticed that my post was missing. I found it strange as my post wasn't flagged as "low quality", had 10 (or more) positive reactions by the time it got removed and wasn't in my mind offensive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this and I won't demand that my post gets restored - I'm just slightly miffed that I'm left to wonder why exactly this happened. Was it the format of the post or the content that is frowned upon? I can only suspect. There are no notifications about your posts getting removed, no messages, no nothing. Nobody tells you what you did wrong so you can do better (or less worse) next time.

A little bit of context: years ago I frequented one of the biggest tech forums in my country. As toxic as that place is, they have a working infraction system in place. You get penalty points for shitposting and eventually get temporary bans - or permanent, if you're determined enough. But for each infraction, for every time your post gets edited or removed by a moderator you get a notification detailing why your content doesn't comply with the forum rules and guidelines.

Maybe you guys can implement some feature of this sort? Think about it.

System Name Newer Ho'Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VI Hero
Cooling TR Le Grand Macho
Memory 16Gb G.Skill 3200 RGB
Video Card(s) RTX 2080ti MSI Duke @2Ghz ish
Storage Samsumg 960 Pro m2. 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Lian Li PC-V33WX
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TItanium 850
Software W10
Benchmark Scores Look, it's a Ryzen on air........ What's the point?
Believe it or not, sometimes mods delete the wrong post. It could have been that?

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) ASUS 27 inch 1440p PLS PB278Q
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
This is not one of those "boo-hoo-I-got-my-precious-post-removed" posts. Hear me out.

Earlier today I made a post on a news thread. Hours later I was browsing the thread when I suddenly noticed that my post was missing. I found it strange as my post wasn't flagged as "low quality", had 10 (or more) positive reactions by the time it got removed and wasn't in my mind offensive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this and I won't demand that my post gets restored - I'm just slightly miffed that I'm left to wonder why exactly this happened. Was it the format of the post or the content that is frowned upon? I can only suspect. There are no notifications about your posts getting removed, no messages, no nothing. Nobody tells you what you did wrong so you can do better (or less worse) next time.

A little bit of context: years ago I frequented one of the biggest tech forums in my country. As toxic as that place is, they have a working infraction system in place. You get penalty points for shitposting and eventually get temporary bans - or permanent, if you're determined enough. But for each infraction, for every time your post gets edited or removed by a moderator you get a notification detailing why your content doesn't comply with the forum rules and guidelines.

Maybe you guys can implement some feature of this sort? Think about it.
PM one of the super moderators. I'm pretty sure that they can still see the deleted posts even though we can't and probably give you an answer.

System Name RyzenGtEvo
Processor Amd R7 3800X@4.350/525
Motherboard Crosshair hero7 @bios 2703
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu Monoblock Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in two sticks.
Video Card(s) Sapphire refference Rx vega 64 EK waterblocked
Storage Samsung Nvme Pg981, silicon power 1Tb samsung 840 basic as a primocache drive for, WD2Tbgrn +3Tbgrn,
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync, LG 49" 4K 60hz ,Oculus
Case Lianli p0-11 dynamic
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi
Mouse Roccat Kova
Keyboard Roccat Iksu force fx
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy
Not knowing why or by who can be frustrating.

Believe it or not, sometimes mods delete the wrong post. It could have been that?
Beats me. Probably not.
PM one of the super moderators. I'm pretty sure that they can still see the deleted posts even though we can't and probably give you an answer.
That would defeat the purpose, I already said I won't demand that it gets restored.

~~~

A few moments ago I went through the forum guidelines and came across this:
Forum Guidelines said:
Behavior that is inappropriate/should be reported
  • Posting only a picture/meme without relevant topical comment, especially as bait or to dismiss another members opinion.
My best guess now is that what got me was the lack of "relevant topical comment".

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.V
Processor Intel 8600k@4.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 16 Corsair Vengeance White LED DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1080Ti Gaming OC|Accelero Xtreme IV
Storage Samsung 970Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD Blue 1TB SSD|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300
Display(s) Asus PB278Q 27"
Case Corsair 760T (White) {1x140mm NF-P14s|1xCorsair ML120 Pro|4xML140 Pro}
Audio Device(s) 1080Ti to AVR {AVR:Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150}
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900/G502
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
My best guess now is that what got me was the lack of "relevant topical comment".
Ive had my posts deleted multiple times then I got infracted for this same reason.

But the difference was that the pic was topic related. Mods didn't care

sneekypeet

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name His
Processor Intel i9 7920X
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia RTX 2080ti
Storage Samsung 960 Pro / Crucial MX300 750GB / Seagate 1TB Spinner
Display(s) Samsung 55" 4K 60hz
Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P (Inverted Layout)
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vega's
Power Supply Thermaltake TPSG 1050W
Mouse Always Changing
Keyboard Always Changing
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
Posting an image without any text in the post will get removed every time. On topic or not, it is not allowed. This is what happened to the OP, and I see no need to continue, as this should have been handled via PM as mentioned in this thread and in the guidelines.

System Name Pioneer
Processor Intel i9 9900k
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 @ 13-13-13-33-2T
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2
Storage Mushkin Pilot-E 2TB NVMe SSD w/ EKWB M.2 Heatsink
Display(s) LG 32GK850G-B 1440p 32" AMVA Panel G-Sync 144hz Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) Onboard TOSLINK to Schiit Modi MB to Schiit Asgard 2 Amp to AKG K7XX Ruby Red Massdrop Headphones
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova T2 850W 80Plus Titanium
Mouse ROCCAT Kone EMP
Keyboard WASD CODE 104-Key w/ Cherry MX Green Keyswitches, Doubleshot Vortex PBT White Transluscent Keycaps
Software Windows 10 x64 Enterprise... yes, it's legit.
Beats me. Probably not.

That would defeat the purpose, I already said I won't demand that it gets restored.

~~~

A few moments ago I went through the forum guidelines and came across this:

Happens to me all the time, being scatterbrained. Thankfully the mods know I have other uses around here... lol

System Name RyzenGtEvo
Processor Amd R7 3800X@4.350/525
Motherboard Crosshair hero7 @bios 2703
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu Monoblock Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in two sticks.
Video Card(s) Sapphire refference Rx vega 64 EK waterblocked
Storage Samsung Nvme Pg981, silicon power 1Tb samsung 840 basic as a primocache drive for, WD2Tbgrn +3Tbgrn,
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync, LG 49" 4K 60hz ,Oculus
Case Lianli p0-11 dynamic
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi
Mouse Roccat Kova
Keyboard Roccat Iksu force fx
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy
Posting an image without any text in the post will get removed every time. On topic or not, it is not allowed. This is what happened to the OP, and I see no need to continue, as this should have been handled via PM as mentioned in this thread and in the guidelines.
That is not possible if you don't know who to pm because you don't know who made the decision though ,but fair enough.

Solaris17

Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Venslar
Processor I9 7980XE
Motherboard MSI x299 Tomahawk Arctic
Cooling EK Custom
Memory 32GB Corsair DDR4 3000mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia Titan RTX
Storage 2x 2TB Micron SSDs | 1x ADATA 128SSD | 1x Drevo 256SSD | 1x 1TB 850 EVO | 1x 250GB 960 EVO
Display(s) 3x AOC Q2577PWQ (2k IPS)
Case Inwin 303 White (Thermaltake Ring 120mm Purple accent)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220 on Audio-Technica ATH-AG1
Power Supply Seasonic 1050W Snow
Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo White
Keyboard Ducky Shine 6 Snow White
Software Windows 10 x64 Pro
That is not possible if you don't know who to pm because you don't know who made the decision though ,but fair enough.
Thats no excuse. These are also in the forum guidelines.

Coincidentally right next to each other.

• If you disagree with moderator actions contact them via PM, if you can't solve the issue with the moderator in question contact a super moderator.
    • Under no circumstances should you start public drama.
  • Each forum has several moderators, contact them when you feel there is something wrong.

sneekypeet

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name His
Processor Intel i9 7920X
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia RTX 2080ti
Storage Samsung 960 Pro / Crucial MX300 750GB / Seagate 1TB Spinner
Display(s) Samsung 55" 4K 60hz
Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P (Inverted Layout)
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vega's
Power Supply Thermaltake TPSG 1050W
Mouse Always Changing
Keyboard Always Changing
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
You only assume that to be true. If you contact a mod, I assure you they will ask about it in the lounge if it is out of their section or they do not know the details. It can and will be handled.

Status
Not open for further replies.