• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How similar are different mfrs' BIOSes for the same model card?

Some advice, please, for a person who is planning to flash a graphics card's BIOS for the first time.

The card is made by NVIDIA. There is no NVIDIA BIOS for it in the TechPowerUp GPU database, but there is an HP BIOS for it.

I know that the HP card is based on the NVIDIA chipset, and so must be architecturally very similar. But what does this mean for the BIOS? Is it going to be the same except for the copyright notice and power-on message, or the same except for other non-significant differences, or the same except for differences that may cause trouble?

This may sound odd, but I'm not too concerned that the reflashed card won't work at all. It doesn't work now, but I believe the BIOS is corrupted and I hope that reflashing will fix it. If it doesn't work when I'm done -- well, I'll have tried and I'll have lost nothing. I'm more concerned that it will appear to work, but will have problems that are troublesome and difficult to identify.