• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How to find what virus encrypted my files

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name 1.FortySe7en VR rig 2. intel teliscope rig 3.MSI GP72MVR Leopard Pro .E-52699, Xeon play thing
Processor 1.3900x @stock 2. i7 7700k @5. 3. i7 7700hq
Motherboard 1.aorus x570 ultra 2. z270 Maximus IX Hero,4 MR9A PRO ATX X99
Cooling 1.Hard tube loop, cpu and gpu 2. Hard loop cpu and gpu 4 360 AIO
Memory 1.Gskill neo @3600 32gb 2.hyperxfury 32gb @3000 3. 16gb hyperx @2400 4 64GB 2133 in quad channel
Video Card(s) 1.GIGABYTE RTX 3080 WaterForce WB 2. Aorus RTX2080 3. 1060 3gb. 4 Arc 770LE 16 gb
Storage 1 M.2 500gb , 2 3tb HDs 2. 256gb ssd, 3tbHD 3. 256 m.2. 1tb ssd 4. 2gb ssd
Display(s) 1.LG 50" UHD , 2 MSI Optix MAG342C UWHD. 3.17" 120 hz display 4. Acer Preditor 144hz 32inch.z
Case 1. Thermaltake P5 2. Thermaltake P3 4. some cheapo case that should not be named.
Audio Device(s) 1 Onboard 2 Onboard 3 Onboard 4. onboard.
Power Supply 1.seasonic gx 850w 2. seasonic gx 750w. 4 RM850w
Mouse 1 ROG Gladius 2 Corsair m65 pro
Keyboard 1. ROG Strix Flare 2. Corsair F75 RBG 3. steelseries RBG
VR HMD rift and rift S and Quest 2.
Software 1. win11 pro 2. win11 pro 3, win11 home 4 win11 pro
Benchmark Scores 1.7821 cb20 ,cb15 3442 1c 204 cpu-z 1c 539 12c 8847 2. 1106 cb 3.cb 970
yes every one has a heart and some may act on it, but some are just stone cold and they will not budge.

Processor i7-9700
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO
Memory 32GB DDR4
Video Card(s) msi 1080
Storage Samsung SSD 850 pro 2TB+1tb hdd 7200rpm+ 1tb 970pro
Software Mageia 6 + Windows 10
You know what I hate? When people come begging for help and then get whiney because they don't get what they want right away and then complain that the help others have offered somehow isn't good enough, like you're paying for it or some shit.
And some are still not helping this topic, please, read first post again. I can't... , I just need a 'not on topic' filter, like it is for ads...

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified
A son of my dads friend once had to pay 250 EUROS to get his files back, he paid and got his files back.
I believe he was a bit too much in downloading movies and softwarez... And such..
looks like from warez, from link to link to link and they just run it without checking

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
update: with photorec+testdisk I managed to find some images and docs, the images looks good, still work in progress.

second: I hate when some people waste my time(and others too), I asked something and I get anything else, just because; it is like I ask if outside it is raining, and I get the answer " it is good to have an umbrella when it is raining outside', so it is or it it is not?... I know it is post hunting for some, for giveway, but please stop. When I want to know what to do after I get a virus and no data to salvage, I will ask that.
Also, my first problem now it is how can I get most of data from this situation, and after that, secondary problem will be how to not be in same point next time, to lose data like that.
Most of the people around us are non-tech, I allways say, backup , backup, few are doing. You know how hard it is to say I can't do it, to a non-tech old lady(and poor), when she told you that those are the only photos of her daughter already dead? How can I sleep well when I know that was a very, very small chance to get something back?
This are most of the people around us, they don't see a difference between no-booting or no-starting a pc...and why should they?
I'm no security expert but surely logic dictates if you have somehow got info back you now have a way of working out the encryption?

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, OP you came and posted for advice/help... some may not post to your liking, but, please, try, while posting on this forum, to be courteous, accommodating, resilient, and patient.
Everyone, follow the Guidelines/Rules:
Starting a thread
Use a relevant and appropriate thread title for your topic , threads like "Hard Drive", "RAM", "help me","weird problem", "Please help!", etc. mean nothing, please make the title of the topic clear.
Describe your problem as clearly as possible, give system specs and mention what you've already tried
Posting in a thread
Be polite and Constructive, if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all.
This includes trolling, continuous use of bad language (ie. cussing), flaming, baiting, retaliatory comments, system feature abuse, and insulting others.
Do not get involved in any off-topic banter or arguments. Please report them and avoid instead.
Healthy debates will generally be allowed if the following criteria is met.
Useful sources and constructive wording.
Maintain the topic that they're taking place in.
No insults, trolling, shaming, hate or toxicity.
Avoid political or religious comment unless it is specifically relevant to a topic and in those cases is only acceptable if done in an unbiased manner.
Once it is considered over, do not drag it on only to have the last word.
Short and pointless posts like "yeah", "me too" or "haha" can be made on the rest of the internet, not here. Post count doesn't increase your e-penis.
Stay on topic, changing the topic won't help the discussion. Feel free to create a new thread instead.
Behavior that is inappropriate/should be reported
Insulting other forum members (calling someone names makes you look stupid anyways).
Racist, hateful, toxic, and otherwise demeaning comments will not be tolerated; whether meant as a joke or not.
"Trolling"
Reporting and complaining
All posts and private messages have a "report post" button on the bottom of the post, click it when you feel something is inappropriate. Do not use your report as a "wild card invitation" to go back and add to the drama and therefore become part of the problem.
Thread locked and closed... why?
Threads that should/will be closed
Threads of malicious, spiteful or toxic intent against any user, group or company.
This may include a thread going off topic with posts that include the above depending on how the community is responding.

Status
Not open for further replies.