• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to identify bios

Esau

Hi how are things
I have a question, I have a bios programmer that I used for laptop motherboards and desktop, so and investigated I can use it to program graphics card bios, the problem I have is that I do not know how to identify the bios of the Graph that I am working because I have to desolder it to be able to reprogram it and I need to know what voltage it uses

If you have CH314A with clip the program should recognize & identify the BIOS. There's no need to desolder the BIOS unless something is in the way.

EDIT: It looks to me you already have the correct hardware for programming but you need the clip adaptor to reprogram without removing the BIOS.

Esau

If you have CH314A with clip the program should recognize & identify the BIOS. There's no need to desolder the BIOS unless something is in the way.

EDIT: It looks to me you already have the correct hardware for programming but you need the clip adaptor to reprogram without removing the BIOS.
Yes, I have several adapters to be able to program
The problem I have is that I do not know what the physical bios is, apparently it is different from the ones I have worked with.
I pay it because it makes me more comfortable to reschedule
But I need help to find the physical bios

BIOS chip on laptops looks the same as on GFX card. If your not sure which chip it is, google the part number which should be written on the chip.

System Name HAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 3700x
Motherboard ASRock B450 Pro4
Cooling AORUS Liquid 240
Memory 32GB Teamgroup 3200mhz
Video Card(s) EVGA 2060 GTX
On a graphics card, typically 8 pins with a dot in the corner of the chip where pin 1 is.