• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Hp Omen 15 Bad vbios help

Sentry2077

HP Omen 15 ce198wm i8750h gtx 1060 max Q with dedicated video card no igpu enabled by manufacturer on gtx 1060 model I need help I had a vbios flash go bad now i get a black screen . I need to know where the vbios is located for this laptop ..I have been told sometimes the bios and vbios come on the same chip I want to restore the vbios and get it working again can anyone help ? Is there someone with knowledge of these hp laptops or how to get a working vbios again maybe using a programmer with a clip so i dont have to remove any chip. Is there anyone here who can program the chip for me and send it to me or direct me to where I can get one thank you

Again this is the higher end GTX 1060 max q only the gtx 1050 and 105ti had the intel igpu enabled I have already checked with HP about this a year ago ..either way my problem is a bad vbios flash
The laptop mobo part is : HP L10770601DAG3AEMBCD0

Sentry2077

Does anyone have any experience with vbios on Omen 15 gtx 1060 series model ce198wm I need to try and recover the vbios but my laptop has dedicated gpu , can i use any method get into dos without integrated intel gpu that comes disabled from hp factory its not even listed in the bios they only allowed that for gtx 105ti and lower ..this laptop gtx1060 is is directly attached to the display great for no lag like some optimus laptops suffer lag ..ok so no optimus enabled here from hp for trying to recover your laptop gpu all i get is a black screen right the power button comes on and the rgb keys light up the fans spin...I just need a solution to get the gtx 1060 max q restored