1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I just got a Razer DeathAdder.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Fleck, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Yes it is cheaper. And yes it has a higher DPI. No one can argue about that.
    It also has (this is the latest Cyborg from Saitek..) adjustable size of the mouse, 4-way hat switch and an adjustable scroll wheel..

But no onboard 32k memory, so we still can't compare, they are all different in their own way. All I can say is "Try Before You Buy". That's the best way to know if it's the right thing for you. I mean, you just don't go and buy a car because you can and want to and because everyone else has that specific car?? I don't own a razer because everyone else does, I do it because I like what it can offer me. This doesn't make any other mice less worth, unless it really is a low end "fake laser" mouse with 4 buttons and they all do the same action..

Actually speaking of mice, a friend of mine bought a Razer - Diamondback 3G mouse for his son, a brand new one. And his other son got my old one (old version of Diamondback). And his first son said that the mouse I gave to his other son was better.. Actually both of his son's claim the same.

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Well you could have fooled me...

so first of all your saying your 'not wrong' but now you claim that you didnt say you 'were correct' that pretty much makes sense as far as im concerned im not the one treating 'gaming mouses' like a mad muslimcleric preaching hate about the West. scourning them like as if gaming mouses are pure blasphemy.

you think i havent read your posts?? think again. im just making my point after reading your posts. & your not saying anything new that hasnt been already said thats a fact.

yet im the one thats supposedly annoyed??? how did you work that one out???? :confused::confused::confused: I have 2 gaming mouses + 1 gaming mouse matt - why the hell would i be so 'annoyed' about your petty opinions? with all due respect - im not the one complaining here.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    You haven't read my posts though I said you've gotten the message of my posts wrong. Also you do seem annoyed your calling my opinions petty and using metaphors like "a mad muslimcleric preaching hate about the West. scourning them like as if gaming mouses are pure blasphemy"

If my opinion bothers you so much then don't read it, ignore it. I'm not going to reply to mouse threads anymore because you feel that everything I say is scorning gaming mouses.

4. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Everyones opinions are neutral..no one is wrong or right, rather it's how someone feels about something. Remember we are talking about gaming mice so please it's not worth getting all bent out of shape over.

DrPepper says thanks.
  5. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    LOL do as you wish but its your loss. not that your input will be missed anyway

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:

Wouldn't buy a Saitek mouse myself like :D That brand just fails :D But anyway, I was just comparing the options. Actually, I've gone a bit off topic as this happens with most brands (especially high-end stuff like Hugo Boss, Armani e.t.c.) and it also happens with Nike so I can't argue.

But I only started arguing because I hate kids that would buy a pair of 300$ headphones or 200$ keyboard thinking that they'll be next fRod, and that's probably only because I use to be like that and even though I bought 100$ headphones, it didn't make me fRod.

Sad truth ;/

7. Saakki

Saakki New Member

Thanks Received:
    good mouse, ive tried it..but imo its overpriced. I like my a4tech more..had a copperhead before..

8. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    Why is called gamers mouse ?
    If there were more photoshopers than gamers than you could bet that it would be called some thing else than gaming mouse.
    Is gaming mouse better than regular mouse in gaming and other stuff ?
    Hell yeah high dpi sensor meaning that is smoother than the regular not meaning that you have to use 3200 dpi mod.
    Does we pay the brand name ?
    You guessed wright again Yes we pay big time those review samples and countless comertials got to be payed some way.

And my vote goes to A4 X7 738K gaming mouse:
    Optical sensor 3200 dpi
    Speed changing on the fly
    All programable buttons with software and internal memory
    Capable of recording macros and writing it in the mouse.

All for 15eur

And about ergonomic I say it is perfect for me I like smaller mouse for some one likeing hand filler it wont do the job.
    There are others models with 3600dpi laser sensor weights etc.

http://www.x7.cn/en/product.asp?id=39

Don`t be jujmental about the price.

9. r9

r9

Thanks Received:
    That what I`m talking about.
    I guess that you were posting in time that I was writing the post. :toast:

Saakki says thanks.
  10. fenurch

fenurch

Thanks Received:
    A4tech make some proper cheap Gaming mouses but they're fine, they work quite good and usually last for quite a while.

Had one but it died after like a year, that's when I got my Intelli 4.0 and now I'm on MX518.

11. SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Let me guess, gaming PC's aren't better for gaming either, right?

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Thats totally different. Gaming mouses innards are generally the same as any ''normal'' mouse, besides the LEDs and what not. A high end gaming rig is much more different then say a P4 system with a 6800 card, makes way more of a overall difference in performance.

10 Year Member at TPU
  13. SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Much more than optics goes into a real gaming mouse...

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. Good price.
    But if you want to use the mouse with the settings you have right now, and want to use it on another system, do you need to install the softare then?

10 Year Member at TPU
  15. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Thats true, yet it doesn't impact much performance wise verses a ''normal'' mouse.

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Sc1mitar New Member

Thanks Received:
    wow...

of course a good mouse makes you a better player...whoever says otherwise is an idiot.

if i use a mx revolution or a ms intelli 1.1 i will be nowhere near as good as using a deathadder or G9, simply because it doesnt have the same amount of tracking quality or button arrangement as a true gaming mouse.

more DPI does not mean a better mouse, i play at 1000 DPI and 1.4 sens in COD4 and 1000 DPI 1.7 sens in CS.

you dont need no 3200 dpi n shit to have a good mouse

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. hat

hat Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    lol, 32k memory on a mouse. since when did a mouse need memory? I guess I should install a graphics processor on my hard drive

10 Year Member at TPU
  18. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    That first sentence is far from true, its all preference, i have seen some people play on the most crappiest of mouses and play real good.

Maybe the reason why your real good on that mouse is probably because it fits you better and as you said the button arrangement suits you. And i agree about the DPI thing.

And yes i do own a ''gaming'' mouse(Razer)

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Bullcrap you don't need to have a top of the line mouse to be a good player..I have seen people who are very good play with basic mice..it's all about what your comfortable with. I myself use a deathadder and love it.

CDdude55 says thanks.
  20. troyrae360

troyrae360 New Member

Thanks Received:

Your right, i think 3200 dpi is too extream, even 2000 is too high for me, i set mine to 600-1000-1600 with 1000 reports per second. Being able to change on the fly is premo.
    at stock the G5 is set for 400-800-2000 with 500 reports per second

21. RevengE

RevengE

Thanks Received:
    Thank you that comment he made was crazy!

CDdude55 says thanks.
  22. Fleck

Thanks Received:
    So I make a post saying "A good mouse has improved my game!" and you all basically just go and say "Nah u just used to sux coz u r gey and I can pwn wit any mouses coz I r the badest ass."

Please go dick yourselves.

I pwn just fine with any mouse, a good mouse that glides more swiftly just made it a lot easier.

As far as the money goes, I got the Razer for 40 bucks. I swear I paid 50 for the IM3.0, and all the good Logitech mice are just as expensive.

23. SK-1

Thanks Received:
    Performance is more kills, better mouse is more kills:confused:

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Not necessarily, just because you gots a better mouse means nothing in terms of actual skill of the player. The mouse can effect skill if its not comfortable or sensitivity wise tho, but just because it doesn't say ''teh 1337ness in games'' on the package doesn't mean if you buy it you are going to suck @$$ at any game you play.

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. CDdude55

CDdude55 Crazy 4 TPU!!!

Thanks Received:
    Its a great mouse Fleck, even if i don't believe in the whole ''gaming'' mouse business.

Razers are quality mice(and i know, i have a Razer Diamondback)

10 Year Member at TPU