• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I need a help with my VGA

Gingerquiet

Hello! A month ago, I bought a rtx3060ti eagle oc 8g on online market as a new one not used, and realized theres a something wrong the fans of it. They stop til 40c but when 41c? working for 90% of speed. Yea..I know how to control fanspeed with things like afterburner ,anyway I checked Vbios and it said 94.04.6B.00.F0 which is unverified one. Is this normal? or can I suspect that thing was used by miner once and repackaged as new? What do you think ....Sry for my poor English btw

#Today,I tried to update Vbios to official one (94.04.46.40.9B) which is properly compatible to my card(3060ti eagle oc rev2.0) and it seemed to be updating successfully ,yet after reboot , lots of arrangement of weird horizontal white lines come up on my screen , so I rolled it back and tried again at windows safe mode but I got same result, I'm just glad it didn't turn into a brick:laugh:
I believe I should give it up. the fan curve properly works with apps anyway:(

Thank You guys again:)

Last edited:
Processor i5-9600K
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390-A
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition PWM
Memory G.Skill DDR4 RipjawsV 3200MHz 16GB kit
Video Card(s) Asus RTX2060 ROG STRIX GAMING
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7 27"
Case Cooler Master MasterCase H500
Power Supply SUPER FLOWER Leadex Gold 650W
Mouse BenQ Zowie FK1+-B
Keyboard Cherry KC 1000
Software Win 10
someone made a similar thread recently, have a look at the responses, there could be useful advice for you

System Name Galaxy Tab S8+
Processor Snapdragon 8 gen 1 SOC
Cooling passive
Memory 8 GB
Storage 256 GB + 512 GB SD
Display(s) 2.800 x 1.752 Super AMOLED
Power Supply 10.090 mAh
Software Android 12
Hello! A month ago, I bought a rtx3060ti eagle oc 8g on online market as a new one not used, and realized theres a something wrong the fans of it. They stop til 40c but when 41c? working for 90% of speed. Yea..I know how to control fanspeed with things like afterburner ,anyway I checked Vbios and it said 94.04.6B.00.F0 which is unverified one. Is this normal? or can I suspect that thing was used by miner once and repackaged as new? What do you think ....Sry for my poor English btw

This thread from 2020 on reddit describes the exactly same behavior:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/k9pbiq
Looks to be normal for your card,

Gingerquiet

someone made a similar thread recently, have a look at the responses, there could be useful advice for you

Thank You, I just read the threads. But in conclusion it can do normal zero-fan with Afterburner's fan speed control or gigabyte AE. Actual problem is that crazy fanspeed mode is default setting , if I shut the programs down or restoring all settings , fans rpm go crazy again ,I just wonder how the default fan setting is messed like miner's one and why a unverified vbios is set up for new stuff

This thread from 2020 on reddit describes the exactly same behavior:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabytegaming/comments/k9pbiq
Looks to be normal for your card,
Ah..someone had exactly same issue. thx

System Name Galaxy Tab S8+
Processor Snapdragon 8 gen 1 SOC
Cooling passive
Memory 8 GB
Storage 256 GB + 512 GB SD
Display(s) 2.800 x 1.752 Super AMOLED
Power Supply 10.090 mAh
Software Android 12
@Gingerquiet You might get better thermals by removing the plastic backplate, it does not fulfill anything else but an esthetic function, on the contrary it's more likely an insulator.

Gingerquiet

@Gingerquiet You might get better thermals by removing the plastic backplate, it does not fulfill anything else but an esthetic function, on the contrary it's more likely an insulator.
It doesn't have any temperture issue , never goes up to 70c under any circumstances like heavy benchmarking, I think its a nice card has good performance except for the default fan speed problem I have. Thanks for your concern