• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i7 10750h and temperatures

jevolution

First of all, sorry for my basic English.
I currently have a laptop, exactly the HP Pavilion Gaming 16-A0004LA [190G0LA]. It has an i7-10750h, RTX 2060 MAX Q and 12 GB of RAM (2933 MHz)

So far so good, it's a beast. He directs everything I ask of him in an exemplary way, although I have my concerns. Since I bought it, I have disabled the turbo boost, reducing it to 99% of the processor performance in the power options, but you notice that the processor performance drops a bit at the base speed of 2600 MHz.
The processor is pretty good, at least for me. With the turbo boost it can reach 5000 MHz (according to manufacturer).

My problem is the following; I want to take advantage of the turbo mode, the power of my processor but there is a problem with the temperature, in idle it usually oscillates between 55 ° C and 60°C, without the turbo mode between 45°C and 55°C Now comes the problem with the games, it can reach maximum temperatures between 80°C and 85°C. Without turbo mode around 65°C maximum.
My question is; Is 80°C bad for the processor? Will it damage the useful life of it?

Tried to make it UNDERVOLT, but the option in the laptop BIOS is locked

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Those temps are fine under load, and use Throttlestop to undervolt if the option is not locked there too.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
maximum temperatures between 80°C and 85°C
Any core temperature up to 100°C is a safe operating temperature for an Intel CPU. That is why Intel has been setting the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C for the majority of their CPUs built during the last 12+ years.

The people that designed your laptop played a game or two. They are well aware that this laptop gets hot. All gaming oriented laptops run hot. No worries. Use your CPU at its full rated speed.