• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Iiyama Red Eagle GB3461WQSU Monitor sometimes does not display despite turning on

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Hello all, I've been dealing with this problem every now and then since last year I believe, where the monitor would turn on with the led indicating it's turned on but all it display is a black/grey/white screen, then it eventually goes into standby.
If I was to turn on my PC it detects the DP signal, but does not display anything properly.
The same goes with my MacBook that is connected via HDMI.
I initially thought it was one of my LED lights interfering with the IPS panel detection,so I've made sure there is no LED lights around the desk that is turned on(my speakers have bright RGB built in) and LED strip on the wall but that's not the case now.
The quickest fix seems to be to just continuously force it to power cycle by unplugging the power plug and plugging it back in until it displays.

Has anyone experienced this before with their IPS monitors? If so is there anything that can be done about it? I'm probably past the warranty period now so getting it RMA for repair may be out of the question.

These kind of things makes me fed up on tech sometimes, I had an issue with my previous monitor, the Samsung g5 35inch, where it wouldn't turn on properly sometimes and the job button was faulty after few months of use and now this monitor is giving me a headache.
I would upload a short clip but the file too large.

I experienced something close to this with a much older Samsung monitor that its power module pcb blew out on. I power cycled it, it got worse real fast and then killed itself. Other than that, the only other thing it could be is windows display settings or the power options settings telling the pc to turn off the monitor immediately for some reason.