• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Improving fan noise control via dynamic option in AtiTool 0.27 beta 4?

Martin

Hi,
it's a"Toxic" 3870 Sapphire card here. Atitool was installed just for fan control purpose.

My issue with 0.27 beta 4 would be that setting the fan speed via dynamic option does
not allow values below 30(?). While it's possible to set it to zero even, if you want to, via the fixed value option. With 10% set overnight, current temperature is at 38 degrees.
As well the display of current fan percentage is not correct, usually it shows "55%" though running slower. Minor issue, if it's only the display.

So, my pledge would be to allow/fix values of 10% or lower in the dynamic table setting,
because the fan noise is quite annyoing in 2D operation still, with and without AtiTool, and forces me to switch to fixed value option each time.
As well it's no point in wearing the fan out prematurely at 30 or 40%, while temperature easily could stay at 50 degrees in 2D, plus collecting more dust than necessary.

And thanks for the tool anyway. :respect: :toast:

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520