• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Inno3d 9800GT 1024MB BIOS Needed

Ali Zubair

Greetings people! I am new to the forum but I have time visiting the site. I've been looking for my graphics card bios in the VGA BIOS Database, but its not there.

I Have Inno3d 9800GT 1024MB graphics card. I need the original bios file. If anybody has the same vga please post the bios in this thread i will be very gratefull to you.

>> INNO3D 9800GT 1024MB BIOS

Thanks

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, nice to have you on the forum.

A little tip: you made your post here, so wait for a reply... don't go around the forum hi-jacking other threads with the same posting.

Hope you find the bios.:)

Ali Zubair

Thanks for the tip 95viper.

95Viper i've attached pictures, please can you tell me if it is really due to bios. When i boot my pc in DOS mode i got this

Attachments

• IMG_0003.JPG
    IMG_0003.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_0004.JPG
    IMG_0004.JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 417

95Viper

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, it looks like something is corrupted, don't look like the video bios, really. Looks to be the boot file on the media you are using.

It seems to be, booting to a Win 98 created image and trying to run the update utility for flashing a 9800 GT of 512MB in size. Then, dropping to DOS prompt at the end; but, that is giving no drive letter is odd. That may mean:

1. The boot media is not correctly created
2. The boot device is faulty or not reading correctly
3. The boot devices DOS driver is incorrect on the boot media or improperly set
4. The batch file called is not built(programmmed) correctly
5. The motherboard bios is faulty
6. Maybe, a few other things I might be thinking of at 4AM in the morning.

It, almost, looks to be the boot device's media is being read as an ASCII file, instead of running as a executable file. Instead of a file being run as a .com or .exe file, it is being interpreted as a text file, usually happens when someone mistypes the file name or calls the wrong thing in a batch file (ex. typing erase.txt instead of typing erase.com or .exe ending).

Rebuild the boot media, check the device driver for the DOS boot device(make sure legacy device for USB is on in the MB bios, if using a USB device and\or the CD\DVD DOS driver is correct for the one you are using, since it looks to be Windows 98, you may need to look at this: Command-Line Switches for MSCDEX.EXE).
If you are using a batch file to call\run the bios flash file, make sure it is making the correct calls to the correct files in the correct locations.

Hopefully, some of the others have ideas.

Did you ever get the correct bios from Inno3d or someone with that card?
The reason I was wondering, is because you are still trying to flash a bios for a 512MB card by these screen shoots and you say you need a 1024MB card's bios.
Just wondering, 'cause if you find one it would help others for it to be posted to the TPU GPU database.:)

Disclaimer: Like I stated earlier, it is 4AM or so, no coffee yet, so I am not a responsible individual at the time of this post. There may be errors or omissions!

Last edited:

Ali Zubair

Viper i appreciate that you took the time to see into my problem. Let me be more specific

I downloaded alien vs predator 1911 rip installed it and then i ran it. after the intro movies my computer stopped responding, i had to reboot it manually. after reboot i went to avp directory and ran avp.exe and computer rebooted automatically and since then im having this problem.

As for the screen shots the first one is when i boot in dos mod with bootable flash drive created with win98 boot files. (currently i have win7 installed)

The second screen shot is when i typed "avflash -b 9800gt.rom". you can see that creepy text can't understand anything. i did not flash it with 512mb bios still searching i also write to inno3d three times but no response till now.

Also i've checked my computer by replacing my 9800gt with 8400gs and it works good. so i think it has to be the bios fault. damn you razor

Another thing i can boot into win7 in safe mode. Also i can boot win7 normally without nvidia driver installed. when i boot my computer with nvidia driver installed it get me to the login screen but after i enter the password and press enter it gives blue screen and reboot.