• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Installing security cameras

Processor AMD FX-8320 4.1Ghz
Motherboard Asus Aura
Cooling Corsair H60
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB
Video Card(s) EVGA 1060 SC
Storage Intel 535 Series SSD + Seagate FireCuda 2TB
Case NZXT
Power Supply EVGA 650 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
I have a client that has decided to start a side business installing surveillance cameras for townships, larger cities, universities, etc, etc ... I'm sure most of the users here in the US has seen these on telephone poles, etc ... He had asked me to join his team of police officers and FBI agents that are involved with this business... We are going to be installing 7 of these cameras for a local police department within the next 20 days.. I guess my question is this ... After these cameras are installed what would be the easiest way to connected all these cameras at a remote location so that you can monitor/record all 7 cameras on the same monitor... And, also... configuring these cameras to work over an IP address, this should be pretty straight forward?

Thanks for any help

CAPITAL LETTERS

yeah there are certain programs that allow you to watch all camera's on one monitor (not sure what they are called tho) but it will require a hefty licence fee i would imagine.

the office i used to work at had 3 camera's (all PoE) and the were connected to a surveillance server that recorded all footage from all cameras and compresses it immediately until reviewed. it was great. only problem is. the PoE switch we had were incredibly unsecure