• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel D845GRG main board over clocked.. with questions.

NitroSS

Intel D845GRG main board over clocked.. with questions.

Okay I have done much reading to find that these Intel D845GRG mainboards with gateway bios can not be over clocked. But I think my random luck I have don’t it. The one I have has a Celeron (Northwood) 2.6GHz processor on it and supposedly 400 MHz FSB. I tried to flash the bios to the Intel on to get rid of the gateway bios but it didn’t work.

Anyways I found this tool called “Clockgen”. Runs in windows. And you can play around with over clocking your FSB & CPU etc through it. It seems to work to some extent. So far I have gone up to 3.08GHz with my CPU. But I am not sure how high I could go. So far the temps on the CPU are staying below 40*C. What is hot though and how much could I over clock?

Also as a test I ran Sisoftsandra and it was showing the faster speeds and on a CPU benchmark I ran it at normal & compared to others. Then over clocked and ran with the same comparison and it moved up the chart.

System Name Senile
Processor I7-4790K@4.8 GHz 24/7
Motherboard MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
Cooling Be Quiet Pure Rock Air
Memory 16GB 4x4 G.Skill CAS9 2133 Sniper
Video Card(s) GIGABYTE Vega 64
Storage Samsung EVO 500GB / 8 Different WDs / QNAP TS-253 8GB NAS with 2x10Tb WD Blue
Display(s) 34" LG 34CB88-P 21:9 Curved UltraWide QHD (3440*1440) *FREE_SYNC*
Case Rosewill
Audio Device(s) Onboard + HD HDMI
Power Supply Corsair HX750
Mouse Logitech G5
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB & G610 Orion Red
Software Win 10
Cool - 40c is low (almost seems too low!), you need to test it under load, I use Prime95 torture test and monitor the temps and it will also usually fail gracefully if there is a calculation error. At the same time, I'll open ATITool and the 3DVeiw - that pegs the two virtual processors (I have a single core with HT).