• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Intel i7-11800H Ridiculous R20 Score

Valour549

@unclewebb

I know you're working on TS for the 11th Gen Intel CPU's, which probably for most users are the i7-11800H. Any idea on what's being done here to get this ridiculous score on Cinebench R20? Also how come only the IA Voltage needed to be offset?

R20.jpg

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Any idea on what's being done here to get this ridiculous score on Cinebench R20?
Looks like a big increase in IPC for the 11th Gen H series. Maybe Intel needs to put this development team in charge of their under performing 11th Gen desktop CPUs.

Finally some decent laptop cooling. It peaked at 104W and only 72°C. The heatsink and fan in many high performance gaming laptops are a farce by comparison.

Also how come only the IA Voltage needed to be offset?
My desktop 10850K is the same. Setting only the core voltage offset slider is good enough. Not sure why. I do not have access to a wide variety of CPUs so I am not sure what Intel CPUs work this way.

I know you're working on TS for the 11th Gen Intel CPU's
I do not own or have access to any 11th Gen hardware, desktop or mobile. I usually just sit back and assume that ThrottleStop more or less works correctly. It can take 6 months or a year before I hear anything good or bad.